Assistant Swimming Teacher - Oxford
Assistant Swimming Teacher (Level 1)
Hours per week: 0, Working Pattern: Evenings 4-6pm
Fusion’s Swimming Assistants instil a lifesaving skill, the ability to swim. All abilities and ages are welcomed at our centres, and as an Assistant Swimming Teacher (Level 1) you will assist with the efficient and effective operation of swim sessions.
As an assistant you’ll be mentored and given the tools to learn the administrative tasks that go along with being a swim teacher, such as lesson plans, schemes of work, class registers and continuous assessment of pupils
Some of the main tasks and responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Support Swimming Teachers in delivering sessions according to the programme timetable, ensuring classes commence and finish at the designated times
- Ensure the efficient and effective operation of sessions, responsible for equipment set up, take down and security, where appropriate
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Carry out all administrative tasks associated with the position, including lesson plans, schemes of work, continuous assessment of pupils and class registers
- Support primary and secondary schools teachers in delivering effective lessons during school booking times
- Support Swimming Teachers in preparing lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum and Swim England Learn to Swim Framework for teachers
- Contribute to programme development through knowledge of customer needs, current trends in leisure and national governing body teaching plans
- Assist the members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage.
- Comply with the Swim England Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct at all times
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
The successful Assistant Swimming Teacher will have:
- ASA/Swim England Assistant Teachers Certification Level 1, STA Award in Teaching Swimming or STA Certificate in Swimming Teaching (old award)
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents
We have high expectations of our Assistant Swimming Teachers, and offer a generous benefits package in return.
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, with a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.