Swimming Teacher - Oxford
Swimming Teacher (Level 2)
Hours per week: 0, Working Pattern: Evenings 4-6pm
Become a Swimming Teacher with Fusion Lifestyle and you will have the opportunity to instil a lifesaving skill; the ability to swim. All abilities and ages are welcomed to our centres, and as a Swimming Teacher you will run sessions effectively and efficiently, setting up and maintaining equipment, undertaking appropriate administration and adhering to Fusion’s safeguarding policy.
If you have an empathetic and caring nature, are a solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude, and are confident to guide appropriate and safe standards of behaviour, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
The main responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Undertake sessions according to the programme timetable, ensuring classes commence and finish at the designated times
- Supervise and mentor Assistant Swimming Teachers as required
- Carry out all administrative tasks associated with the position, including lesson plans, schemes of work, class registers and continuous assessment of pupils
- Support primary and secondary schools teachers in delivering effective lessons during school booking times
- Prepare lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work that meets the requirements of the National Curriculum and Swim England Learn to Swim Framework for teachers
- Contribute to programme development through knowledge of customer needs, current trends in leisure and national governing body teaching plans
- Assist the members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage
- Assist in the development of programming through innovative ideas and initiating actions to meet the demands of the customers
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Comply with the Swim England Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct at all times
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements
To be successful as a Swimming Teacher with Fusion you will have:
- ASA/Swim England Level 2 or an STA Certificate in Teaching Swimming
- Experience of teaching a diverse customer base
- Experience of successfully mentoring/supporting colleagues
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with children and their parents
- Strong numerical and written skills
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
We have high expectations of our Swimming Teachers, and offer a generous benefits package in return.
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, with a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
PLEASE NOTE: This role is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.