Night Porter - Keswick
Night Porter - The Lodore Falls Hotel
The Night Porter is to be responsible for the hotel during the night ensuring the safety and security of all guests and team members. Working 5 nights, including weekends, we are looking for an experienced person with Nights and/or Hotel experience.
You will also be required to set up conference and function rooms to the required standard ready for the following day. The role will also require cleaning to ensure all areas are smart and tidy. Experience of working with the public, handling unpredictable behaviour and crisis situations advantageous. You will be competent with moderate computer operations, and follow cash and key handling to company procedures.
What we are looking for in you:
- Exceptional service – only the best will do
- A flexible approach to your working week
- Great attention to detail, the ability to maintain the highest levels in accuracy numeric and written.
- A warm and friendly customer service style which will engage your guests and team members alike
- The need to help and support other members of your team
What we can offer you in return :
- Being part of a team that supports and encourages career progression in each other
- Training that is specifically designed for you to grow and progress with us
- A competitive salary and 28 days’ holiday entitlement
- Free staff meals whilst on duty, Live in accommodation is available if you require it
- Advantage Card, which offers discounts and free entrance to many of our venues
Who we are
Our Lake District Hotels are a distinctive collection of six award winning hotels in the Lake District owned and run by the Graves family and situated in the most beautiful parts of the Lake District. From 4-star luxury Lake District hotels on the shores of Lake Ullswater and Derwentwater Lake, to traditional coaching inns and hotels in Keswick - our Lake District hotels are recognised for the warmth of our welcome, unrivalled personal attention and excellent service.
The Lodore Falls & Spa Hotel boasts 87 bedrooms and Suites with a 2 AA rosette fine dining Lake View Restaurant; which in-keeping of its four-star status provides the ideal setting for weddings and fine dining. In May we opened a second restaurant with a Pan Asian theme and four Suites, Mizu Pan Asian restaurant, which offers high quality, fresh food with an Asian influence on British dishes. Our new Spa has recently opened. This is an exciting time to be joining our team
Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will generally be contacted within 1 week of submitting your application. Thank you