Duty Manager - Leatherhead
Are you a strong Team Leader looking to develop your skill set further? Or are you a Duty Manager keen to build on your existing managerial skills?
Fusion Lifestyle’s Team Leaders are responsible for ensuring each shift goes off without a hitch. As Team Leader you will provide management coverage across all aspects of the centre whilst on shift, jumping in wherever needed and ensuring customers are happy, and ensuring team members are deployed to the right places and are clearly communicated with on a regular basis.
This role really gives you the opportunity to learn all aspects of the business in preparation for your next career step.
Some of the responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Act as Duty Manager as and when required
- Ensuring a welcoming front of house presence is delivered at all times
- Assuming responsibility for centre operations on a shift rotation basis, including key holding, opening and/or closing the centre
- Coordinating the efficient and effective deployment of the team
- Undertaking fitness instruction, reception, pool supervision and /or membership sales, as required
- Cash reconciliation and banking duties
- Assisting in the development and management of a well-balanced activity and event programme
- Carrying out relevant and required health and safety checks
- Delivering induction, training, appraisals, development and performance management of staff where required
- Conducting team briefings (Huddles)
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers
To be successful as a Fusion Team Leader (Duty Manager) you will need previous Supervisory/Management experience in the hospitality or service industry, along with excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence and persuade.
Ideally you will also have a First Aid at Work Certificate and a Pool Plant Operator qualification (although training is available for these), and you will need Strong Microsoft Office Skills and excellent numerical and written skills.
We have high expectations for our Team Leaders (Duty Managers) and offer a generous benefits package in return:
Accredited by the Institute of Management and Leadership, you will have the opportunity to benefit from the STRIDE programme; our excellent industry leading management training and development scheme.
You will also work within a fast-pace, stimulating environment that fosters a culture of team work and fun.
Some of the additional benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Industry Leading Training
If you would like to further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.