Climbing Instructor - Bristol
Climbing Wall Instructor - Bristol
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Summary of Position:
Ultimate Activity Camps is a leading provider of holiday childcare in the UK. Our trusted holiday camps operate at venues across the country and offer outstanding childcare & activity provision to children and peace of mind to their parents.
The role of Climbing Wall Instructor is to deliver a fantastic climbing experience to children aged between 6 and 14 years, whilst ensuring welfare and safety is maintained at all times.
You will be responsible for all climbing activities on camp, overseeing the day to day operation of the wall, adhering to health and safety requirements, and following best practice procedures at all time.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver climbing activities for children aged 6-14, focusing on safety, participation, and enjoyment.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to by yourself and the children in your care, including all health and safety, and safeguarding procedures.
- Perform daily inspections of climbing walls, ropes and PPE
- At all times behave in a manner that reflects the expectations of Ultimate Activity Camps.
- Live up to the Ultimate Activity Camp promise of ‘Inspiring Children Every Day’ throughout your employment
- Show the required energy, enthusiasm and professionalism for the duration of the season, acting as an ambassador for Ultimate Activity Camps and behaving as a suitable role model for children.
- CWA (Climbing Wall Award) Qualified and/or SPA (Single Pitch Award) with experience of coaching children/beginners.
- Fully licensed driver with access to own car and insurance.
- Enthusiastic, energetic individual who is passionate about climbing.
- Good organisation and communication skills.
- Flexible, team player who is able to adapt to dynamic situations and challenges on camp.
- Someone looking for a challenging but hugely rewarding job in the school holidays.
- Contract: Seasonal work available in school holidays (Easter, Summer and half terms).
- Hours: 8.30 – 5.30pm weekdays. Full time or part time roles available.
- Salary: £375 - £500 per week per week (depending on experience) plus holiday pay. Travel expenses between locations paid.
- Location: 5 venues - Bristol, Wokingham, Ascot, Newbury and Abingdon