Banqueting Reservations Coordinator
Banqueting is an integral part of our business with different types of functions taking place every day of the week. The Banqueting Reservations Coordinator is an important role ensuring that all functions, whether that be internally within the Club or externally, are well organised and properly communicated to all parties involved including Members, guests and internal departments.
Role Responsibilities include:
- Assist the Banqueting Manager in ensuring that the coordination of multiple events is clear, concise, timely and completed in a professional manner.
- To maximize sales and ensure best possible use of banqueting and events facilities for the benefit of the Club.
- Booking any type of member, guest or internal activity function by telephone or in person – including but not limited to weddings, golf societies and days, meetings, lunches and dinners and in putting this information in Opera as required
- To meet with members to discuss details of their function and continuing to act as key liaison for the event.
- To provide administrative support to the team in day-to-day running of the banqueting and events office, by following accepted work practice.
- Receive and respond to member queries, feedback and complaints and where possible resolve the matter, before reporting them to a senior manager where appropriate
- Comply with and enforce the law in respect of the Licensing Act as applies to the Royal Automobile Club
- Be fully conversant with and comply with the rules of the Club Health & Safety Policy.
Our ideal candidate:
- Previous experience in a customer facing role and ideally within a high-end establishment.
- Possess excellent communication skill and able to relay information accurately and problem solve when issues arise.
- Highly adaptable as you could be assisting in the coordination of events ranging from a small intimate lunch or dinner for Members or a large-scale Wedding.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and if you have working knowledge of Opera that would be desirable.
- Excellent attention to detail and prioritisation skills to manage a busy workload and conflicting tasks.
- Free meals on duty
- Perkbox discount scheme
- European RAC cover
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Staff uniform
- Generous pension
- Employer paid health cash plan
- Staff fund
The Royal Automobile Club embodies both the rich history of British motoring and the best tradition of private members’ clubs - prestigious yet always welcoming. Here at Pall Mall in the heart of the London we’re passionate about pioneering ever-higher standards of dining, accommodation and sporting facilities.
Most importantly, you’ll share our values. We combine a passion for our heritage with a desire to achieve new levels of excellence. We exceed expectations, treat each other with respect, and ensure mutual trust is at the core of everything we do. If you can live these values, you’ll see your efforts recognised and your potential nurtured in an organisation that’s full of individuals who have come up through the ranks, learned new skills or taken their careers in surprising new directions.