Conference and Events Manager - London
Conference and Events Manager - Royal Garden Hotel, London
Our C&E team at the Royal Garden Hotel looks after 10 multipurpose Conference and Event rooms, catering for up to 500 guests in our largest Banquet room, the Palace Suite. Our C&E team are passionate about delivering only the very best in five-star services.
An exciting opportunity for the position of Conference and Events Manager has become available in our Conference and Events department for an enthusiastic professional who is looking to develop their career within the hospitality industry.
As Conference and Events Manager, You will ensure all confirmed bookings and client requirements are met from the enquiry date through to the close of billing, carry out show rounds, trial menus and prepare the function sheets.
We are looking for a professional and confident individual, who is extremely well organised and demonstrates strong attention to detail and great communication skills. Previous hospitality experience in a customer facing role is essential. You need to be computer literate and have a pleasant telephone manner. Previous use of Opera system is essential and ideally, you would have knowledge of Delphi.
- Delivers five star service to all guests.
- Takes enquiry calls and checks availability.
- Oversees the Delphi diary in accordance with departmental standards
- Develops in full your confirmed booking tasks, encompassing the initial enquiry, show rounds, trial menus (if required) and the function sheets.
- Cross-sells and yield manage at every opportunity, to increase revenue in all areas of the Hotel and Events Centre.
- Prepares function sheets on a weekly basis.
- Chase's provisional bookings on a daily basis.
- Meets and greet the organiser and clients at the beginning of the event and to check all is to their expectations. To meet clients prior to departure, to ensure the success of the event.
- Carries out follow up calls to assist with possible re-booking
- Ensures that all administrative functions are carried out in accordance with departmental standards, within set time frames and that accurate records are kept, whilst offering the highest level of customer service at all times
- Briefs the Operations Manager on your functions specifics, and to attend the Operations meeting.
- Ensures function bills are prepared on a daily basis and posted to accounts.
- Liaises between the Accounts Department and clients for the retrieval of payment and debts.