General Manager - London
General Manager - Grove Park, South East London
Reporting to: Club Owner
Reward: Competitive Base + Bonus
Anytime Fitness Grove Park
With more than 4,800 clubs worldwide and over 170 clubs in the UK, Anytime Fitness is the fastest growing fitness club chain across the globe. Our premium equipment, private changing rooms, and superior member service distinguishes us from other gyms. Anytime Fitness Grove Park is a rapidly growing club with excellent member feedback.
We are looking for an exceptional General Manager to join us. You will have overall responsibility for the gym’s day to day operations, ensuring that they meet our members’ expectations of a premium gym. You will manage, motivate and train a team of staff to ensure they achieve their goals. Also key to the role is achieving new member and income targets. This is a challenging yet highly rewarding opportunity, permitting you to rapidly advance your career in an exciting and dynamic environment. Please submit a cover note explaining your motivation for the role and why you think you are suitable.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a minimum of 40 hours per week. You will need to be flexible and willing to work evenings, weekends and public holidays as required. You must possess a breadth of skills and experiences in the following categories:
- Achieve new member, total membership and income targets
- Ensuring superior member satisfaction is crucial for retention
- Recover arrears
The overall management of the club’s day to day operating requirements:
- Put in place, manage and enhance the Retention Guidelines for membership debt collection procedures
- Maintain the club to the highest of standards including Club cleanliness, gym equipment maintenance, maintenance of stock
- Develop the staff rota
Management, Training and Development
Train and motivate staff so that they are capable of delivering their goals:
- Implement and document weekly 121s with team members. Attend regular 121s as required with Club Owner
- Coordinate activities of Personal Trainers (PTs) to ensure successful growth of their PT business, thus ensuring ongoing PT income
Development of the Anytime Brand with a view to driving member numbers and revenues:
- Promote AF, making best use of advertising and support materials to develop sales campaigns
- Complete a marketing planner using AF tools provided. Ensure marketing planner fully supports the required sales target for the club as set out by Franchisee
The ideal General Manager will be driven, ambitious, with good gym management experience. The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing a team of performance driven sales and operational staff within a high quality gym environment to agreed KPIs, and as such outstanding interpersonal skills are essential. You should be able to generate leads and convert them into sales.
You will be proactive, highly responsible, organised, and maintain the club to the highest of standards, ensuring at all times that the member experience exceeds their expectations. Most of all you must have a can-do attitude, a desire to succeed, and an ability to lead and influence others. You will be managed against your own and the Club’s KPIs and will help establish it as the No1 gym in the local area.
The successful applicant must:
- Have strong gym management experience in a dynamic environment
- Have a friendly, approachable personality with excellent interpersonal skills
- Be responsible, trustworthy, and able to both work autonomously and to collaborate with the club owner to develop club strategy
- Be able to lead and motivate a team
- Be entrepreneurial & able to identify new business opportunities
- Be experienced in sales and setting sales targets
- Achieve set KPI's covering all aspects of the sales cycle
- Be proficient with IT and social media, and marketing
- Be energetic, fun and innovative
Above all you should exhibit a passion for the Gym, the drive to create your own legacy and further your career and a willingness to outperform
Rewards & Remuneration
We are looking for a GM that can not only take this gym to a leadership position in the local market, but who also has the ambition and skills to enhance their career and work with the owners to develop a number of clubs within the region. We are therefore offering rapidly advancing career opportunities in a challenging and dynamic club environment.
We are offering a remuneration package to attract the best, comprising:
- Highly competitive base salary- salary range dependent on successful candidate’s experience and skills
- Target Driven Bonus- upon achievement of KPI Targets