Receptionist - Skipton
Receptionist - The Coniston Hotel Country Estate & Spa
Maternity Cover Leave
Set on a 1400 acre Estate in beautiful countryside The Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa is currently in an exciting period of growth.
The existing 170 plus Coniston Hotel team are very customer centered and if you pride yourself on delivering excellent customer service then you will fit in well.
The main aim of this role is to provide a warm and welcoming experience to customers arriving at the hotel, through-out their stay, until check-out. Enhancing the customer experience by supporting the Guest Services Manager at all times with ideas about how to continuously improve the service we deliver. Also key to the role is communicating in a timely and clear manner. The role holder will need experience of working to sales targets to also further enhance the guest stay by promoting the estate activities and spa treatments and driving bounce-back offers and encouraging guest feedback.
Reporting to: Guest Services Manager
Salary: depending on experience
- Provide an excellent customer experience during the guest’s entire stay.
- Encourage guests to participate in Estate offerings - experience of working to sales targets would be advantageous.
- Offer at all times a warm welcome in a friendly and professional manner
- Offer a friendly phone manner to all external and internal customers
- Support all departments
- Be knowledgeable about the guest in-house – act as a point of contact to your colleagues
- Understand the purpose of stay for all guests and support them accordingly
- Think outside the box to find solutions and manage stressful situations in a professional manner
- Encourage repeat bookings by understanding the guests individual needs
- Also key to the role is genuinely caring about the guest experience, a confident telephone manner and excellent numerical and written skills.
- The successful candidate will also be passionate and enthusiastic about customer service with a positive outlook and ready smile with the ability to respond quickly and positively to a range of work solutions.
- Person Specification
- Educated to a minimum of GCSE level
- Excellent organisational, verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work a varied shift pattern across 7 days a week, early / late and weekends
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word, Power Point, and Excel
- Experience of working to sales targets.
- Has a can-do, will-do attitude
Thank you for your interest in the Coniston Hotel Country Estate and Spa. If you have not heard back from us within three weeks, unfortunately on this occasion, your application has been unsuccessful. We would however, like to keep your CV on file for the next 6 months. If you prefer us not to, please let us know.