Casual Lifeguard - London
Casual Lifeguard - The American School in London
The facility is open 6.30 am until 9.00pm Monday -Friday; 6.30am 4.00pm on Saturday and 9.00-4.00pm on Sunday.
The lifeguard is responsible for pool safety, preparation, cleaning and general safety of areas in the Aquatic & Fitness Center and first aid delivery. They will be involved in setting up, taking down, and maintaining the equipment in the center. The post holder will be required to work outside of normal weekday hours, including evenings, weekends and public holidays.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Carry out lifeguarding responsibilities, including supervising the safety of the swimming pool environment, preventing accidents and responding to emergencies accordingly to the school’s and center’s policies and procedures
- Deliver first aid and complete accidents reports as and when required
- Ensuring that a safe and secure environment for students, employees and visitors is in place at all times
- Preparing activity areas to include the safe setting up/dismantling of equipment and ensuring that all equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use
- Ensuring the highest possible standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained by carrying out routine cleaning tasks where required
- Supervise scheduled activities in the fitness room
- Assisting visitors/new members with enquires in a friendly and effective manner
- Understanding the importance of Health and Safety legislation and ensuring that it is observed at all times
- Following Normal Operating Procedures and Emergency Action Plan
- Carry out center inductions for new members when required
- Taking responsibility for the opening and closing of the facilities
- Attendance at regular monthly lifeguard training
- Any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job as requested by the Assistant Manager or Operations Manager.
Qualifications and Skills
- Valid NPLQ qualification with previous experience of work as a lifeguard
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and other legislation in relations to leisure center operations
- Ability to work flexible hours to suit the needs of the center, including weekends Demonstrable experience in providing a high level of customer service
- A proven commitment to the safeguarding and welfare of children.
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualifications.
- Experience working in an educational institution or with young people
- ASA Level 1 or Level 2.