Apprenticeship - Leisure Operations Professional - Kempston
Apprenticeship - Kempston
At Fusion Lifestyle, we aim to be the first choice leisure provider and our success is down to the unique contributions that our staff make every day. We believe everyone can achieve their very best and we are committed to developing our people so they achieve their goals and reach their potential. Leisure can be a rewarding and exciting career if you are enthusiastic, customer focused and driven by excellence.
We are looking for local people who are interested in stepping into a career in the Leisure Industry. We are offering 12 month Leisure Operations Professional Apprenticeships to individuals who are looking for a well-rounded career in leisure. You will work towards a nationally recognised qualification in Leisure Operations as well as gain valuable experience in various areas of busy leisure operations. While you learn you will also be earning an hourly wage.
At Fusion Lifestyle we invest heavily in the development of our Apprentices and employees, allowing you to reach your full potential. Many of our Senior Managers started off as lifeguards. You may be interested in our Management Development Programme too, which develop front-line staff into future managers.
In addition to the Apprenticeship qualification, you also will earn qualifications in:
- National Pool Life-guarding
- Level 2 Fitness Instructor
- First Aid at Work
- Pool Plant Operations
- Level 1 and Level 2 Swim Teacher qualification – (during last quarter of 12 month Apprenticeship only)
To be successful as a Fusion Lifestyle Leisure Professional Apprentice, you will need to be:
- A strong swimmer with a good level of swimming fitness
- Genuinely interested in and have a passion for the fitness/ leisure industry
- A strong communicator with the confidence to interact with customers
- Inspiring, with the ability to motivate others to lead an active lifestyle
- Flexible, with the ability to work various shifts, including some weekend work, early morning and evening shifts
- Committed - In order to qualify you will need to be available to work full time hours (up to 40 per week), not be in full time education and will need to commit to staying on the Apprenticeship Scheme for a 12 month period
As an Apprentice you will initially be on an enhanced Apprenticeship wage of £5 p/h. As your capability and qualifications increase, your rate of pay will also rise and you can expect to be earning full pay within 6 - 8 months, as and when you meet defined milestones.
We have high expectations of our Apprentices, and offer a generous benefits package in return for your hard work:
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Excellent development and training
- Clear and structured career paths
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.