Recreation Assistant - Bedford
Fusion’s Recreation Assistants ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all of our guests and members, and ensure everything is in its place. From children’s parties to special events, as a Recreation Assistant, you will host as well as set up and break down various activities and events. You will have excellent interpersonal skills and offer exceptional customer service at all times.
We are passionate about getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast paced environment.
We are looking for people interested in athletics that would like to work alongside our busy summer season of events.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Carry out minor repairs and remedial work to equipment as and when necessary, undertaking regular inspections and reporting any faults or defects
- Undertake cleaning duties, as appropriate
- Assist with daily operations ensuring effective, accurate and timely set-ups and take-downs and changeovers
- Assist with the preparation of all areas for activities and special events as required
- Assist with deliveries to the centre, storage and stock control
- Assist the members of the public in their use of the facilities, encouraging maximum usage
- Assist in the communication and promotion of the centre’s services
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all time
To be successful as a Recreation Assistant you will have:
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to build trust and rapport quickly
- Good numerical and written skills
- Good standard of physical fitness
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the customers
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, with a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link to apply.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.