Baker - Gloucester
Baker - Gloucester Services
Do you have experience as either a baker or chef in a catering, kitchen or volume production environment, with a love for all food, how it is sourced, how it looks and how it tastes.
Are you calm and organised in the kitchen with the ability to follow recipes and company procedures to consistently high standards?
Do you have an understanding of all areas of food hygiene and safety and systems to deliver the best quality dishes?
Do you embrace opportunities to develop and share your knowledge and skills with your colleagues?
We are looking for a baker to join our food production department to use traditional and homemade methods to produce the best tasting cakes and bakery items to sell across all areas of our business.
The role will include production of predominantly cakes, tray bakes, scones, pies and other bakery products to consistently high standards and adequate quantities to fulfil the requirements of the business.
This is a full time position of 36.25 hours per week in 5 shifts over 7 days. It is a great opportunity to work in a kitchen with no split shifts, on a set rota and no late nights. (Earliest start time is 6am and latest finish is 4pm).
Sound like you? Then send us an application and we would love to discuss it with you further.
What we can offer you
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across our six Westmorland Family businesses including;
- Pay £8.96 per hour
- Free meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- Between 25% and 75% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Bus service from Gloucester City Centre to Gloucester Services which is subsidised by us for our colleagues
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days (pro rata'd for part time employees)
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- Lots of opportunity to grow your career with us