Team Member - Swanage, Dorset
Join the family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Age 16-17 Starter Rate: £6.59 (Rising to £6.90 after 31st March)
Age 16-17 Full Rate: £6.80 (Rising to £7.12 after the 31st March)
Age 18+ Starter Rate: £7.83 (Rising to £8.21 after the 31st March)
Age 18+ Full Rate: £8.00 (Rising to £8.38 after the 31st March)Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Shifts: Looking for a team member to work 4 hours on either a Saturday or a Sunday. Operational hours on a Saturday are 6am-6.30pm, shift patterns are rotated generally either 6am-10am, 10am-2pm or 2.30pm-6.30pm. Sunday operational hours are between 8am-4.30pm, shifts will generally be either 8am-12pm or 1230pm-4.30pm. More hours will be available over busier periods, come along and discuss what you are able to work.
Contract: PermanentJob Description
Greggs Team Members are the face and voice of our organisation, engaging with our customers and offering a fantastic shopping experience no matter what time of day.
Join our family and you’ll be part of a team that loves to put the customer first in all that we do.
This means a passion for delivering fast and friendly service, pride in preparing our much loved products and keeping the shop clean and tidy; of course they’ll be time for some fun along the way.
You’ll fit right into the Greggs family if you’re not afraid of hard work and commitment. Some customer service experience always comes in handy although not essential.Skills
To be able to:
- Deliver a fast and friendly service to every customer consistently
- Work as part of a team focused on delivering a fast and friendly customer experience
- Achieve consistently high standards to meet customers’ expectations
- Deliver relevant added-value to customers to increase sales
- Support profit protection through effective cost control
• Our Greggs Employee Staff Discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
• Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1 years continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include:
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Childcare Vouchers
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.