Retail Assistant Team Leader - Enfield
Retail Assistant Team Leader - Wyevale Garden Centre - Enfield
Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Wyevale is the biggest, best known retailer in the gardening industry employing over 4000 colleagues across the UK. We have strong roots dating back to 1932 and an ambitious change agenda.
We are going through an exciting period of change that will transform the business and our ways of working (technology) through to new initiatives to change the way we conduct and lead our business (people). As such the Retail Assistant Team Leader (known in the business as Team member Expert) role is essential in supporting our garden centres in the new ways of working, ensuring that our customers receive the very best experience and service. The role of ’expert’ will provide the business with a springboard for succession from which to create Deputy Garden Centre Managers of the future.
We’re looking for someone that can provide robust, energetic and accountable support to our customers and colleagues. Someone who can give support and guidance, someone who has outstanding retail standards.
We encourage all of the people who work for us to take ownership and do everything necessary to create a stand-out experience for our customers.
Working alongside your centre team you will:
- Provide outstanding levels of service and customer experience by constantly looking at ways of improving retail standards; operational effectiveness and visual excellence
- Actively promote the garden centre using social media and encourage local engagement within the community
- Encourage customer loyalty through the engagement & promotion of our Garden Club Card
- Support the growth and development of a highly skilled team, through sharing of knowledge, expertise and skills
- Support the engagement, induction and development of all new starters, setting them up for success with our processes, systems and the way we do things here at Wyevale
Skills and experience required:
- Passion for all our key business areas – core retail, horticulture, & hospitality
- Demonstrable ability to lead change using a flexible and engaging style
- Operationally and customer service focussed with the ability to lead by example
- A ”hands-on, can do” attitude is essential in providing coaching, facilitation and practical support, as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural agility and the ability to build strong networks throughout the centre
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively and engagingly with all levels in our business
Working for us is all about passion and we have lots of people who are really passionate about what they do! People who don’t just care about the products we sell but also the customers and communities we serve
If this sounds like you, then why not apply, we look forward to speaking with you