Chef - France
Chef - France
Join us this season at our amazing Chateau Du Molay. We specialise in offering residential school trips to groups from all over the word! You will be based at our truly idyllic, 18th Century Chateau, situated in Normandy, France. Renowned for its history, beautiful towns and sandy beaches, in your down time you will have the chance to explore everything Normandy has to offer! Or, if you fancy something different on your day off you can jump on the train and be in central Paris within a couple of hours!
A season at Chateau Du Molay will give you the opportunity to build on your hospitality skills and the chance to make memories which will last a lifetime!
The low down…
You’ll be the right-hand person to our Catering Manager. As the Chef you will be responsible for organising and running the day to day of our kitchen, you’ll also support with ordering stock, managing deliveries and making sure all of the daily tasks set out by the Catering Manager are completed. In addition to the above a large part of your role will be the development of our two Catering Assistants, you will assist in training and supporting them in their development within the kitchen.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience working in a commercial, kitchen environment
- An excellent understanding of the Health and Safety regulations (Food & Hygiene, HACCP, COSHH)
- Experience in preparing meals to cater for all dietary requirements
- Not afraid to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in – from basic food prep to an end of service clean
- A desire and the necessary knowledge to develop more junior members of the team
What’s in it for you?
- Organised (& paid for) travel to and from resort
- Free onsite accommodation and meals (3 meals a day, 7 days a week!)
- We are proud to say we are one of the leading Tour Operators in the UK. We offer one of the most competitive pay and packages in this industry!
- Role progression and the chance to return for future season (who knows, you might be the next Grande Fromage!)
- We are part of the world’s largest collection of specialist brands, which means we are able to offer further seasonal opportunities with our sister brands once your season comes to an end.
Not forgetting the formal bits…
Experience working in a role similar to this is essential. You must have experience dealing with high covers and a good understanding of what it takes to work in a busy kitchen environment.
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WHO ARE CURRENTLY UK BASED DUE TO WORKING VISA RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY BASED IN THE UK WITH THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK HERE AND YOU ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.