Operations Manager - France
Operations Manager - French Alps
Skibound offer a unique ski experience to budding skiers from all over the world. School and youth groups are at the heart of what we do, you will work alongside our 5 lively club-hotels across three resorts in the French Alps, home to some of Europe’s best skiing and après – Alpe D’Huez, Les Menuires and Serre Chevalier.
As the France Operations Manager you will work to develop our new strategy in how we operate our hotels and work to move this exciting project forward. You will also be responsible for overseeing the delivery of our ski programme during the Winter and our Summer Alps product. This is a varied, practical and rewarding role that will see you involved in all aspects of what it takes to deliver and develop our product. From managing the day to day hotel operation, supporting the hotel managers in implementing change and driving the brand forward, all while ensuring we are in alignment with financial and legal obligations. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to bring new and innovative ideas into the future operation and strategy of Skibound.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop our product and implement change to comply with upcoming legislation changes
- Drive incentives and monitor KPI’s for operational managers and regular reviews of our current supplier rates to strive for the most cost effective solutions
- Financial control, oversee budgets and ensure we are compliant with French Law
- Staff planning and logistics
- Overall team management of the Skibound operation
- Training and supporting our senior staff such as Hotel Managers
- Maintain customer service systems and review and develop current processes
- Management of any escalated hotel operations issues across our 5 hotels in the French Alps
What we’re looking for
We are looking for someone who has senior management experience in the Ski Tour Operator industry. You will be enthusiastic and motivated to drive the Skibound programme forward, whilst emulating our ethos and brand. Additional required attributes include:
- Able to speak both English and French fluently
- Full driving licence (being confident driving in adverse weather conditions during the winter months is a must!)
- Previous senior management experience in the Ski Tour Operator industry
- Motivator and able to lead from the front
- Adaptable and able to work under pressure
- A good decision maker
- Proactive and forward thinking
- Innovative and able to effectively implement change
- Excellent team motivator
- Someone who is willing to relocate as this position is to be based in the Alps all year round
What’s in it for you
This position offers a lifestyle, with the chance to be based in France all year round and to be a part of one of the markets leading Ski Tour Operators. Additional benefits include:
- Company car
- Accommodation allowance*
- Ski pass and ski equipment
- Competitive salary (€40K- €50K per annum) plus additional competitive package
*Depending on your residential location, assistance with accommodation will be considered.
WE WILL ONLY ACCEPT APPLICATIONS FROM CANDIDATES WHO ARE CURRENTLY UK BASED DUE TO WORKING VISA RESTRICTIONS. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY BASED IN THE UK WITH THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK HERE AND YOU ARE OVER 18 YEARS OF AGE.