Recreation Assistant (Lifeguard) - Southgate
The role of a Lifeguard
Lifeguards have one of the most important jobs at our centres, and that is keeping our customers safe in and around the water.
Our Lifeguards/Recreation Assistants also perform other duties, such as cleaning assigned areas, setting up and breaking down various activities and events and conducting pool testing according to procedures.
If you are interested in a career in leisure, Fusion also has fantastic training programmes that can lead to management positions. Plus flexible working hours, with varying contracts available; from 0 hours, up to full time 40 hrs per week; which make our Lifeguard opportunities truly remarkable.
We are passionate about delivering the best customer service and getting your community active. Every Fusion team member plays their part, working within a diverse and dynamic team in a fast-paced environment.
What we are looking for:
In order to be considered for our Lifeguarding positions, you need to be a strong swimmer, and have excellent customer service skills. You should also have:
- A UK recognised pool lifeguard qualification
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation
- Excellent verbal communication skills, including the ability to appropriately correct behaviour of pool users where necessary
- A high standard of physical fitness
- Confidence and an approachable nature
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion team member include:
- Up to 22 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are looking to start or further your career in leisure, within a growing and dynamic company that makes a positive impact on the community, then we want to hear from you.
Click on the link below to apply.
*In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview. Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.