Business Manager - Greater London
Fusion Lifestyle is recruiting for Business Managers to manage sites across London and the South East, whilst supporting the Divisional Managers in ensuring the overall success of the contracts in those areas.
As a Business Manager for London and the South East areas, you will lead your managers to deliver exceptional financial performance, standards and customer service for your contract. You will also ensure that your team carries out robust plans to maximise opportunities and minimise risk, whilst establishing efficient and effective solutions to motivate and develop your team to achieve success.
To be successful as a Business Manager, you will need significant previous experience of managing a number of centres, along with an understanding of the importance within the local communities of the sites you inherit.
Fusion manages over 90 dynamic venues offering mainstream & specialist sports and leisure, plus some exciting new brands such as INTENCITY (HIIT fitness studio concept), Total Football (5-a-side league venue), Bickel’s Yard (proprietary café concept), and more in the pipeline. We are a registered charity, with a commercial outlook, and are proud to provide our local communities with inclusive and accessible sport and leisure that enhances health, vitality and well-being.
We are also committed to internal promotion, skills training and personal development: our Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) accredited ‘Stride’ leadership development programme develops managers through a structured career path; our Business Managers take a key coaching and mentoring role in this process.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support the Divisional Business Manager to contribute to the development and delivery of Fusion’s business plan (including communication of the corporate business plan to your contract)
- Ensure the development and implementation of, and compliance with, the contract annual financial targets
- Driving income streams for your contract and seeking additional profit streams in the business
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the contract maximises its short, medium and long term profitability
- Manage compliance, monitoring, reporting and communication of financial and physical resources and all administrative functions
- Contract support teams to deliver on individual centre’s objectives
- Ensure individual centres fully comply with all relevant legislation and best practices
- Ensure centres and contracts are appropriately resourced so that they are able to effectively deliver development plans, contractual terms and conditions, and business objectives
- Ensure contract operating objectives and standards of performance are owned by management teams and employees
- Ensure high quality leisure facilities are kept and ensure appropriate standards of conduct are established and complied with at all times, as per Fusion’s policies and procedures
- Ensure Customer and Client Relationship Management strategies are fully implemented within your contract
- In conjunction with the HR Team, implement effective recruitment, people management, development, retention and succession planning strategies
- Ensure the workforce completes all necessary mandatory training and qualifications
What you will need in order to be successful in this role:
- Extensive management experience in the leisure sector with experience of multi-site management
- Proven track record of financial planning and achievement
- Demonstrated ability to lead, inspire and develop teams of people
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- A wealth of initiative to take responsibility for, and resolve issues effectively
- Demonstrated ability to manage large scale projects
- Excellent written, verbal, communication and computer skills
- Knowledge of employment law and practices
- Active affiliation with appropriate networks and organisations and ongoing community involvement
Some of the benefits you may enjoy as a Fusion employee:
- Up to 25 days’ holiday, plus 8 bank holidays (pro rata)
- Free Gym & Swim membership at Fusion centres
- Employer Contribution Pension Scheme
- Discount on Bickels Yard Café F&B products
- Access to private medical Insurance
- Eye test (DSE users)
- Mobile phone discount
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season Travel Ticket Loans
- Industry leading training and development
- Career advancement opportunities
We have a real determination to provide service excellence and our managers have the drive to ‘make it happen’. They thrive in a fast-paced, energetic environment and want to work for a business that is investing and rapidly growing. Our managers are resilient, tenacious, and passionate to make a difference in local communities.
If you would like to find out more about this exciting opportunity then click on the link to apply and register your interest today.
In line with the Immigration, Nationality and Asylum Act, all applicants will be expected to provide proof of eligibility to work in the UK if invited to interview.
Fusion Lifestyle recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce and we therefore welcome applications from all backgrounds and all sections of the community.