Shift leader - St Albans Bernards Heath Londo
Join the family
At Greggs, our people are what makes our business successful, and we want you to be part of our vision and success by joining us at our St Albans shop as a Shift Leader. You will be joining a highly experienced team that are only too happy to provide the help and support required. St Albans is a busy shop where there is always a fun and friendly atmosphere, which is representative of the team’s personalities.
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,800 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs, we keep our customers at the heart of everything we do and are proud that we can provide our customers with high quality, great value food and fantastic drinks, including coffee. Integral to the success of the business are our colleagues who make Greggs what it is today by helping to provide the fast and friendly service that our customers know and love.Pay Rates
£8.52 per hourShift Pattern and Contracted Hours
We are looking for 2 Shift Leaders to join us at our St Albans shop and 1 for our Marshalswick shop, which is coming soon. We have a number of permanent contracts available and can be flexible in terms of shift patterns and contracted hours from 16 hours upwards. If you’re interested, please apply and we’d be more than happy to discuss your availability at interview stage.Job Description
Greggs Shift Leaders or Senior Team Members (as the role is known internally) are at the heart of the team supporting with the management of the shop at key times of the day.
You would be looking after the shop for a few hours a day, either at opening or closing time so your role is invaluable to your manager.
When opening the shop you’ll be working with the team to ensure our much loved products are ready for our customers and the shop is set up to the highest standard. This is where your passion to deliver a fantastic shopping experience for our customers comes in.
A close down shift means getting the shop ready for the next day; cleaning, stock counting and cashing up. You’ll have a natural flair for team work whilst enjoying a little extra responsibility.
You’ll fit right into the Greggs family if you’re not afraid of hard work and enjoy some fun at work. Some supervisory experience always comes in handy although not essential.
Everyone in our family values hard work, commitment and a flexible approach to working hours.Skills
To be able to:
- Serve customers in a friendly, professional and efficient manner.
- Prepare a variety food items to the highest standards, in order to meet customer demand.
- Ensuring that all areas of the shop and food products are displayed in a clean, tidy and attractive manner.
- Seeking to maximise the sales and profitability of their store.
- Working collaboratively with their Shop Manager and other Team Members and providing managerial support to the shop management team.
- Competitive pay (Shift Leader - £8.52 p/h)
- Great career progression opportunities
- 21 days holiday a year (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on Greggs products and free coffees and tea while at work
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that listens to your ideas and opinions
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that contributes to the local community through The Greggs Foundation, Breakfast Clubs, Local Charity Committees and much more!
- Greggs Pension Scheme
- Discount partnerships
- And much more!
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.