Member Services Manager - London
Are you the ultimate professional with a great passion to deliver a Red Hot exceptional service?
We’re looking for a Member Services Manager to manage the daily operations of the Front of House function, ensuring every member receives a great experience in the club. You’ll also respond to all member feedback and positively influence retention levels, maintaining excellent levels of service.
- Managing our bustling Front of House (FOH) department, ensuring the function runs efficiently & supports the wider club operations whilst providing exceptional customer service.
- Daily management of the FOH team including recruitment, training, development & performance management, as well as rota’s & payroll.
- FOH Management duties including weekly banking, maintenance of the computer and phone systems, and monitoring/reporting procedures.
- Dealing with all member enquiries & feedback regarding their membership & club services via email, phone & face to face, ensuring excellent member experience.
- Maintaining accurate & secure records of member details and to ensure prompt & accurate collection of their fees.
- To deliver service recovery where necessary and to positively influence retention levels by proactively engaging with members about their usage levels.
- Complete at least one Service (Duty) Manager shift per week; opening or closing the club & being the responsible Manager whilst on shift.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, 5 days out of 7; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business Shift times vary to suit club operation and will typically be (9am-6pm, 10am-7pm, 11am-8pm or 12-9pm) however in addition to this will include at least one ‘early’ (5.30am start) or ‘late’ (10.30pm finish) service Manager shift.
What we can’t live without:
Organised & proactive, we’re looking for someone who can work well under pressure & thrives on meeting targets & continually improving standards.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Experience in a customer focussed role with a smart & professional manner.
- Target orientated
- Understanding the value and importance of retention
- Strong administration skills, highly numerate & a real flair for effective correspondence alongside confidence with PC & Office programmes and ability to work with in-house systems
- Excellent communication skills & the ability to build rapport with all levels in every capacity, responding positively even to the toughest challenge.
- Previous supervisory experience, with the ability to really lead a team to succeed.
- Either a Lifeguard Qualification or a confident swimming ability & willingness to take the course within the first month of starting (required for Service Manager shifts).
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services
- Great personal development through our in-house Management Development programme ‘Evolve’. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Level 3 Diploma in Management Development accredited by the Institute of Leadership Management.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off!
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- 5% Pension plan