Catering Manager - Gloucester
Catering Manager - Gloucester Services
Would you enjoy the opportunity to lead a large and diverse team to deliver exceptional customer experience, providing fresh local food?
We are proud to be a food business; we love food and we think food is important, how it's sourced, how it's made and how it looks and tastes. We make our own food for our Kitchens and in our Farmshop we form close partnerships with small producers who are doing something unique and brilliant.
Good food is at the very heart of everything we do. We believe good food matters. So we serve it where you'd least expect it - on the motorway. We were the first family run motorway services on the UK motorway network and over the past 45 years have grown to a business which has over 1100 people working with us across six sites.
We couldn't do anything without our family of colleagues working together to create long lasting positive memories for our customer. We are proud of our difference and are constantly striving to do it better. We work with people who really care about food and where it comes from and want to share this experience with our customers.
Gloucester Services is a unique motorway service area on the M5 located near to Gloucester between Junctions 11A and 12. We are proud that were the first ever motorway services to be listed
in the Good Food Guide in 2016.
We also collected the coveted 'Best Newcomer' award at the Observer Food Monthly Awards in 2014. The award was judged by top food professionals including Jay Rayner, Tom Kitchen and Lorraine Pascale amongst others.
What we're looking for
Do you share our passion for good food and service and want to be part of a great team?
Would you enjoy the opportunity to lead a large and diverse team to deliver exceptional customer experience, providing fresh local food of the highest quality?
You would have proven experience in people management, ideally in a high volume catering operation with evidence of driving commercial results through people.
We recruit people who share our values.
We are looking for a Catering Manager to lead the catering shift team to deliver smooth and effective running of the shift on a day to day basis.
The role will include:
- Day to day operation and standards of the department with a team of team leaders and team members
- Responsible for correctly monitoring and controlling all processes to deliver margins in line with company targets, including stock levels and wastage
- Drive sales growth and assist the Catering Manager with delivering financial performance
- Plan, forecast and complete rotas to maximise staffing levels taking account of customer demand, anticipate trade and holiday management
- Providing support and offer guidance to catering team leaders and team members to help them achieve their personal best and celebrate their success
- Accountable for recruiting, training, developing and leading a high performing team, dealing with performance and conduct issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Accountable for ensuring all department paperwork is delivered timely, accurately and to the highest standards including COSHH controls and company Health and Safety
- Actively work with the wider management team to contribute to the success of the business and enhance customer experience
Your key strengths will include people management, organisation, communication, analysis and problem solving skills.
In addition you will have experience of financial controls including, sales, P & L, stock management and margin
This is a full time position of 40 hours per week in 5 shifts over 7 days on a rota pattern.
Sound like you?
Then send us an application and we'd love to discuss it with you further.
What we can offer you
In return we will offer you fantastic benefits across our six Westmorland Family businesses including;
- Pay £22,660 per annum
- Free meal allowance while on shift, as well as free tea and coffee
- Between 25% and 50% discount on most items in our cafes and shops
- Bus service from Gloucester City Centre to Gloucester Services which is subsidised by us for our colleagues
- Free car parking
- 28 days holiday increasing with length of service to 33 days
- Contributory pension scheme after completion of your probationary period
- Lots of opportunity to grow your career with us