Swimming Instructor - Midlands
Swimming Instructor - Midlands
We are seeking a highly motivated, confident individual, with the ability to inspire and deliver exceptional commercial results to join our team at Becky Adlington’s SwimStars.
You will deliver the coordination of the Learn to Swim provision and be part of a team inspiring thousands of children to swim every week. You will drive standards of teaching across a team of teachers to provide a World Class experience for our customers.
To be part of the team you need to be focused and driven to deliver on time without ever compromising the Becky Adlington SwimStars experience, a natural leader, who leads by example and someone to demonstrate good judgement at all times. Previous experience of delivering and or coordinating learn to swim provision is imperative, you should be able to prioritise your workload, have good organisational, planning and communication skills, and experience of partnership working and the SwimStars programme would be an advantage but not required.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Full responsibility for the performance of your venues including meeting KPIs and delivering to the world class standard BASS expects our customers to experience
- Responsibility for growth of the BASS programme within your cluster
- Ensure all lessons are fully staffed and meet our expected standards
- Administration to include swimmer awards and hats distribution, supervising the implementation and ensuring correct process is followed at all times
- Implement customer journey activities and assist in programming and promotions through innovative ideas to meet the demands of the facility’s customers, organisational plans and retention programmes to generate new customers
- Deliver lessons to a provided scheme of work and set of lesson plans that meets the creativity, knowledge and innovation expected
- Mentor and develop swimming teachers / coaches in accordance with BASS training programmes
- Attend appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation. Support in the co-ordination of teacher recruitment and induction sessions and day to day management.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate.
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with company Safeguarding policy.
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy at all times.
- Maintain own mandatory qualifications, licensing and CPD/ training requirements
Qualifications, experience, knowledge, skills and behaviours:
- Full UK driving Licence and access to your own vehicle
- ASA Teaching Aquatics Level 2 (or equivalent)
- Current NPLQ award or equivalent
- Excellent verbal communication skills, particularly in relation to building trust and rapport with stakeholders
- Professional and sympathetic to the interests and needs of the swimmer and parent/guardian.
- Experience of working with a diverse customer base.
- Understanding of relevant health and safety legislation.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills.
- Good numerical and written skills.
- Ability to work flexibly to meet the needs of the swimming lesson programme.
- Self-confident and able to inspire confidence in others.
- A solutions-focused team player with a “can-do” attitude.
- Observant – notices customers and anticipates their needs
*The successful applicant will be required to undertake an enhanced check via the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS).
Apply for Swimming Instructor - Midlands
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly