Senior Maintenance Engineer - London
We’re always on the look-out for talented Senior Maintenance Engineers , even if we don't have specific openings currently. If you have always wanted to be part of the Virgin Active team, now’s the time to let us know. Apply to be part of our talent pool; we run regional assessment days so we can assess if we're right for each other. We'll then let you know as soon as a suitable vacancy arises.
Do you enjoy fixing, maintaining and servicing? Do you have strong leadership & project management skills?
We’re looking for someone who is Red Hot at being a very hands on Senior Maintenance Manager to work alongside & lead the team to effectively deliver both a preventative & reactive maintenance schedule safely, on time & to budget.
- Performance management of the team, including recruitment, training, development and daily supervision to maximise efficient & productivity.
- Monitor the completion of tasks and ensure good performance & record keeping using the “Fix-It” internal system.
- Adhere to daily & weekly checks to ensure smooth operation of site.
- Put together a Planned Preventative Maintenance schedule; to work alongside & lead team to deliver effectively.
- Manage contractors on site to ensure they meet company requirements.
- Ensure all work carried out is done so within the H&S requirements.
- Work as part of the club Management team to share ideas & improve club operation.
The role is full time, working 40 hours per week on a shift basis; flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business and will include a mixture of ‘earlies, lates, weekends and the occasional overnight shifts on a rotational basis. The successful candidate must live within 1 hours travel time to the club, for any emergency call outs when responsible for this.
What we can’t live without:
The role will suit someone with the technical knowledge & experience who will thrive on the varied nature of the maintenance requirements and ensure the efficient & smooth running of the club facilities at all times to maximum member experience.
To be a successful Senior Maintenance Engineer, you’ll have:
- A Level 2 Electrical qualification (or higher)
- Relevant technical experience in a working environment .
- People & budget management experience.
- Friendly & approachable nature with great communication skills.
- Good attention to detail with great time management skills.
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Great personal development through our in-house Management Development programme ‘Evolve’. Upon completion, you’ll receive a Level 3 Diploma in Management Development accredited by the Institute of Leadership Management.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions up to 5%
- Virgin Tribe – discounts on loads of Virgin products & services.
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)