Assistant Manager - Stockbridge
Set in the heart of the Hampshire countryside in the quintessentially English hamlet of Fullerton, the pub is a haven for walkers, cyclists and those who prefer just to relax in beautiful surroundings. Being only a short drive from the bustling market town of Stockbridge and with glorious views over the world famous trout stream, the River Test, the Mayfly has great potential to become the destination for fantastic fresh food and faultless service. With a significant investment due in the coming months this is an exciting business with huge potential.
The Mayfly is a traditional country pub - all log fires, wooden beams and real ales. It's well known for its food, so expect busy crowds at peak times - particularly in summer when visitors head for the garden. We are about to undergo a 2.5 million pound investment which will put this beautiful site at the forefront of the Fullers brand. Our beautiful venue will attract private parties, weddings and people from around the world due to being on the world famous Test River.
What we can offer you;
- Enjoy the fast-paced fun of pub life
- Learn new skills to enhance your career with our industry leading training and development.
- Belong to a supportive, close-knit team
- Benefit from a competitive salary and great discounts including 20% in all Fuller's pubs and heavily discounted stays in our hotels.
- We will reward you every time you introduce a friend to the Fuller’s family who successfully passes their probation.
- A great benefits package including enhanced sick pay.
- There is an option of live in with this position.
Could you be the key to real team spirit?
The Mayfly requires a strong hands on Assistant Manager to join the team. Full training with a view to porgression to becoming General Manager. This is a beautiful pub in stunning surroundings.
As our Assistant Manager, you’ll take charge of our bar team and help to create a special atmosphere for customers.
You’ll still be out there on the floor, right at the heart of the action - but you’ll be more than just ‘one of the team’. While the General Manager drives the business, it’s you that manages the day-to-day running of the pub…
Assistant Manager is a rewarding role which sees you take responsibility for the happiness of customers and morale of staff.
You’ll need to take ownership of problems, and you’ll live by a mantra of ‘always doing the right thing’ – even if it occasionally means bending the rules.
In supporting the General Manager, this is also a great way to learn the business side of running a pub. It’s a chance to develop your skills, and garner the knowledge you need to progress your career even further.
The great thing about Fuller’s is that we hire on the basis of potential, more than previous experience. All we need to know is that you’ve got the right character for the role:
- You’ll be a great communicator
- You’ll have great decision-making skills
- You should be a confident, capable leader
- You’ll need to be organised
- An absolute passion for food, standards and service is key
Please understand that we will need proof of your right to work in the UK.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £21,000.00 /year