Member Services Assistant - London
Are you the ultimate professional with a great passion to deliver a Red Hot exceptional service?
Are you organised with great customer service skills? Do you have fantastic communication abilities and want to help our members get the best out of their membership?
Here at Virgin Active, we are looking for a Member Services Assistant to join our club team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast paced and exciting environment and really make a difference to our member experience. You will be responsible for delivering heartfelt service when responding to member queries and being the key driving force around member retention.
Reporting into the Member Services Manager, the main responsibilities of the Member Services Assistant include:
- Handling any member enquiries or concerns relating to membership, ensuring response within agreed timeframes and in line with the VA tone of voice, escalating where necessary
- Delivering heartfelt service through your day-to-day responsibilities and to play a big part of delivering a culture of service excellence in your club
- Assisting your club to consistently deliver against cash & banking, sales integrity, stock control and eXerp system integrity
- Ensuring the Member Services Manager and other relevant HOD’s are kept regularly updated on any member feedback trends you have identified to ensure continual improvements
- Ensuring accurate & secure records and the correct processing of all membership details including detail changes, discounts, refunds, renewals, transfers, cancellations, freeze requests etc.
This is a full time role working 40 hours per week, shift patterns typically include 'earlies' (6am-3pm), 'lates' (1:30pm-10:30pm) and weekends (8:30am-6:30pm). Flexibility is required to suit the needs of the business.
What we can’t live without:
Self-motivated with extremely strong interpersonal skills, we’re looking for someone who’s passionate about providing heartfelt service & creating delightfully surprising experiences for their colleagues & members.
To be successful as a Member Services Assistant you will have/be:
- Customer service experience including handling complaints
- Administration experience and highly organised
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to converse appropriately & confidently to all levels in all formats (face to face, written & over the phone)
- Good numeracy skills with the ability to carry out basic analysis within excel
In return for your expertise, we’ll support you in this new challenge with coaching & development every step of the way. You’ll have a dedicated Manager and a supportive wider team to really set you up for success.
Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Complimentary VA health club membership for you & a buddy!
- Discount on loads of Virgin products & services.
- 30 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Birthday bonus day off (in addition to your annual leave)
- Pension contributions matched up to 5%
- Salary Finance – financial wellbeing
- Tax free childcare vouchers scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme