Supervisor - London
Evening and Weekend Hospitality Agent Team Lead - London
With thousands of beautiful spaces built for travel and life, Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed and maintained - customised to reflect the vibe of its neighbourhood. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a studio or a six-bedroom, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service, crisp linens, and over 200 other quality standards, we’re taking stay further for guests all around the world.
Sonder started a little over four years ago, and now has thousands of spaces in cities across the globe.
Our hospitality agents are the face of Sonder and our eyes and ears on the ground throughout the city. This is one of the most versatile roles at the company and perfect for anyone who hates the idea of sitting at a desk all day. If you’re ready for a fast-paced environment with constantly shifting responsibilities and challenges, we’d love to hear from you!
With our head offices in San Francisco, and presence in 10 American/Canadian cities, you'll be part of a global team looking to redefine the hospitality industry. We launched a few months ago in London, and are looking for hospitality rockstars who are ready to roll up their sleeves and be part of an amazing team culture. See our website for more info.
This position will mostly occupy 5 shifts per week from 2pm-10pm, with rotating days off each week. You may be expected to work some daytime shifts (11am-7pm) from time to time.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Work under the leadership of the Operations Manager and Hospitality Agent Team Lead to ensure we are offering the highest level of guest experience possible.
- Take care of day-to-day hospitality tasks, such as meeting our guests for check-ins, bringing extra items to guests during their stay, fixing basic TV and WiFi issues, replacing light bulbs, plunging toilets, troubleshooting systems and appliances, and overseeing contractor appointments.
- Learn about the pillars of hospitality.
- Help furnish and onboard new Sonder locations, bringing them from empty to guest-ready in just a few days.
- Communicate with incoming guests to coordinate their arrival.
- Be able to make quick decisions to rectify any guest issues in a quick and efficient manner.
- Work alongside other Hospitality Agents and our remote guest team, taking ownership of tasks and ensuring they are completed to the highest degree without supervision.
- Provide the highest quality guest experience to every person staying in our Sonder.
- Learn about warehouse management and supply chain management
- Perform Quality Audits
- Run an efficient process and consistently work to grow our bottom line through cost savings and creative solutions
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Must have 2 years previous experience leading a team
- You're organised, hard working, detail oriented, and energetic, and not afraid to roll up your sleeves and do everything you can to make sure our guests have a great stay.
- You have the gumption and confidence to work autonomously out in the field with minimal supervision. You are able to see what needs to be done, and ensure you see a task through to completion without assistance or help.
- You have a great attitude and always have a smile on your face.
- Must be tech-savy: we work with slack, Asana and lots of google sheets!
- You are comfortable making quick decisions and acting upon them. You can forsee problems arising and stop them before they happen.
- You excel in a hands-on working environment. Each day at Sonder will be different: you need to enjoy a fast paced working style and be quick at reacting to last minute changes. If you prefer to sit at a desk from 9am-5pm, this is not the position for you.
- Bonus if you're a handyperson for quick fixes on-site!
This position includes a free monthly zone 1-2 Oyster card (worth £130 per month), as well as monthly team culture budget (crazy golf, meals and drinks out, Friday beers, anything you wish to suggest!)
Successful candidates will receive an initial 15 minute phone call interview, followed by an in-person interview at our offices to meet the team and learn more about the company, with a final round 'Company Challenge' done via email.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.