Activity Professional Apprentice - Bury St Edmunds
Activity Professional Apprentice
Join the nation’s number 1 Sports and Activity provider to primary schools! Are you a fun and active individual who is looking to deliver sports, well-being and/or performing arts to children aged 4 to 11? We are looking for enthusiastic and driven people to join our team of Activity Professionals to deliver activities in school, after school and during school holidays which will inspire the children you coach to love being active!
This isn’t your usual 9-5 role, you will be meeting with school staff, planning activity sessions and most of all having fun while getting the country’s kids active. You will join a team that has a variety of roles and a lot of career progression with people who, like you, enjoy building their career around inspiring children, not based in an office!
With us, you’ll gain all the appropriate skills and experience practically as well as receiving support and guidance while you study your apprenticeship too. Within your apprenticeship with us, you will attend training to ensure you deliver at the highest quality, with great confidence and construct perfectly organised session plans. You will attend workshops with our National Governing Partners, such as; British Gymnastics, England Hockey, British Fencing and more, to learn the sports and activities in the best manner.
Read on for the type of person we are looking for and see if you match our Premier criteria!
Qualities & Skills needed
Personal situation and attributes
Delegates will be able to:
- Demonstrate and articulate that they have a clear passion and drive to inspire young people through sport and physical activity.
- Meet outcomes and results with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on expectations for high quality standards.
- Critically assess own performance in a mature and credible manner
- Deal with a range of different situations.
- Be reliable, tolerant and determined.
- Be an empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view.
- Articulate themselves in a professional well-presented and professional manner at all times.
- Drive and have access to own transport and is sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel.
- Responsible and accountable.
- Motivate and instil confidence in others, have a presence and be able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- No criminal convictions or cautions.
Knowledge & Understanding and Literacy & Numeracy Skills:
Delegates must hold relevant certification and be able to understand:
- Know what The National Curriculum and education landscapes mean.
- Ofsted and the characteristics of who and what they represent.
- Must have GCSE A-C in both Literacy and Numeracy or equivalent.
- Must be literate and be able to communicate both orally and manually using appropriate and correct grammar and language.
- How to communicate with different audiences using good face-to-face and telephone communication skills.
- Commercial responsibilities and have some understanding of sales.
- How they can use listening and questioning skills to challenge and gain information.
- Be creative and possess the ability to maximise opportunities presented when dealing with customers.
All applicants must hold the essential qualifications or equivalent below, it is also relevant for applicants to hold or be working towards the desirable qualifications. Training and additional qualifications will be offered dependent on experience and ability to meet the required competencies and skills required.
- Have a grade A – C at GCSE level in Maths and English
Delegates must be able to:
- Use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word
- Understand basic databases using programmes such as Excel
- Access internet and email.
Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting, managing and developing staff. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.
All delegates should write their application to the job and person specification providing evidence of competencies where possible