On Road Chef - Topdeck
On Road Chef - Europe 2019 Job Details
The role of a Chef
Our chefs are responsible, together with their follow crew, for the day-to-day running of the trip. This involves:
- preparing restaurant quality fare from a portable cook tent on a camping trip;
- preparing food and assisting with service at one or more of our permanent sites around Europe;
- maintaining and cleaning all cooking equipment;
- upholding high food hygiene standard either on the road or on site;
- maintaining an allocated food fund and working within a designated budget;
- socializing with the group; and
- assisting your fellow crew in other daily tasks. Perks of the job
- Create your own menus
- Explore European Cuisines
- Travel Europe
- Travel, food and accommodation included
- Unlike a regular kitchen, socialise and engage with your group
- Full training
- Discounted trips
What we look for in our Chefs
We want chefs who:
- have a genuine interest in and love of cooking;
- demonstrate a passion for European food;
- maintain high hygiene standards;
- are organized, with the ability to remain flexible where required;
- can solve problems logically and creatively;
- take pride in their work and their equipment;
- prioritise team work; and
- demonstrate professionalism at all times.
How do you become a chef for Topdeck?
Eligibility to workTo apply you must be able to work in the UK and Europe. You must have:
- UK or European Union Passport;
It is up to all apply road crew to ensure their own eligibility.
Passports need to be acquired before our Training commences in April.
Core skills and competencies
As a chef you must have:
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate Level II (this can easily be obtained online);
- manual drivers licence (or be able to get one before March 2019);
- a positive and proactive ‘want to help’ attitude; and
- experience working in the catering or hospitality industry.
How do I Apply?
Please click apply on this page to complete our online application form. We process applications in the order they are received, therefore if you apply earlier on in the process you have more chance of attaining an interview.