Built as the headquarters for the Refuge Assurance Company in 1895 and extended in 1912, The Principal Manchester - as it's now known - is part and parcel of Manchester and its renewed status as the "Northern Powerhouse". Its clock tower is a part of the Manchester skyline - seen every day on the BBC local news - and a marker by which to get your bearings. The hotel has recently completed major renovations, which put The Principal Manchester centre-stage in our exciting plans as part of the launch a new, "urban lifestyle" hotel brand, including a destination restaurant and bar that we have created in partnership with some of the city's most respected restaurateurs.
Your day to day
Your responsibilities include assisting the Head Housekeeper in the management, preparation, set up and service of the Hotel (including Health & Safety and COSHH procedures) through maintaining and improving the standards and quality of service.
You will clean and service bedrooms and public areas as required and assist with counting and logging laundry and raising collection sheets for the Laundry company.
You will support the Head Housekeeper in delegating tasks, motivating the team, identifying training needs and assisting in their on going personal development.
You will be expected to handle all guest needs, enquiries, Lost Property enquiries, requests and complaints where appropriate in a prompt and efficient manner.
What we need from you
We are looking for someone that has previous experience as a supervisor in a guest facing role within hotels. Ideally this would have been in a front facing 4/5 star luxury environment.
To be successful in this role, you will have an eye for detail and be meticulous in your work, leading by example.
What we offer
• A competitive salary
• 31 days holiday each year, including bank holidays (this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days)
• Hotel based incentive and recognition schemes
• Access to our Exclusively Yours, Voluntary Benefits portal, which includes discounts on some travel, leisure time activities, health, retail and motoring
• Discounted accommodation with competitive colleague rates at our other hotels
• Long service awards which increase with length of service
• Excellent training and development opportunities within the hotel, the Company and our online e-learning portal
• Financial rewards for delivering sensational service
• Free meals on duty
Under the Immigration, Asylum and Nationality Act 2006, all prospective employees are required to provide official documentation of their eligibility to work in the UK