Shop Maintenance Engineer - Coventry and Oxford area
Full Time, Permanent
We are currently recruiting Maintenance Engineers to be based in the Coventry/Oxford areas with works also in Central London. You will be provided with a company vehicle and with a company tool kit and given a range of training relative to Greggs.
Ideally you should be an apprentice trained electrician or qualified to a minimum of C&G 2365 with a practical electrical background or NVQ supporting qualification and multi skilled in other building trades.Salary
Up to £35,723 per annum dependent upon skills level and qualifications.Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
45 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days on a rota basis between 6.30 am and 8.30 pm which will include 2 in 4 weekends and 3 Bank Holidays per annumJob Description
Reporting to the Area Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Carrying out preventative, routine and emergency maintenance work on the building fabric and equipment within our shops, this includes working on a range of catering equipment and refrigeration units and making sure the work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
- Carrying out regular and varied maintenance work, day-to-day repair of shop equipment, fixtures and fittings including on occasion electrical repairs and modifications.
- To deliver on maintenance KPIs through planned, preventative and predictive maintenance.
- To ensure correct operation and completion of Computer Aided Facilities Management system, including time recording, analysis and development.
- To provide a first class, flexible, adaptable, responsive service, ensuring courtesy and attentiveness, with a particular focus on customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate for the role would preferably have previous experience working on catering/refrigeration equipment with an electrical bias and some form of electrical qualification.
- Must be Multi Skilled and able to work unsupervised and be adaptable to take on any tasks relevant to the maintenance of a shop environment.
- Good organisational skills along with the ability to communicate at all levels.
- Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and carry out a varied workload across all trades on both equipment and property.
- Should be computer/PDA literate in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- A Full driving Licence is essential.
- Happy and Flexible to work a day shift pattern.
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to one year’s salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
So, if you want a job working for a great brand with great people, then apply now. During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way, and if you have any questions then you just need to let us know. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a new job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.