Assistant Manager - Sutton Coldfield
Assistant Manager - The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield
We are currently accepting applications from candidates to join Sam’s Clubhouse as an Assistant Manager. As Assistant Manager you will have proven experience of working within a similar role in the food and beverage industry and experience of managing a large team is a must.
Sam’s Clubhouse plays host to our golf members, corporate golf days and hotel residents.
This outlet also manages Halfway house and our food and beverage buggies that run over our three beautiful golf courses.
Sam’s Clubhouse offers a menu of light bites and pub classics, Sam’s Clubhouse is a modern sports bar housing 20+ large screen televisions offering guests a range of sports throughout the day.
- The Deputy Manager works closely with the Sam’s Clubhouse General Manager to ensure that Sam’s Clubhouse delivers a quality service with the focus on customer satisfaction in all aspects of outlets operations, anticipating customer needs whenever and wherever possible to enhance the quality of service offered.
- Instil a working ethos of team spirit and inter-departmental co-operation and partnership in achieving the aims of the business. Identify opportunities to inspire, train, motivate and develop your team alongside the supervisors.
- Maintain operation standards to the highest possible level in respect of service, hygiene, health and safety ensuring high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the outlets.
- Deal with complaints/problems politely and make every effort to resolve these with the minimal inconvenience to the customer.
- Ensure cash handling and account recharging/recording is dealt with in accordance with financial guidelines.
- Identify opportunities to sell additional services of the business to guests
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are adhered to in accordance with business needs and within wage budget guidelines; monitor staff levels and rectify if necessary
- Assist in maintaining adequate stock levels for the department and highlight re-ordering as necessary in line with business needs.
- Strictly observe all applicable licensing act regulations relating to personnel
- Training and coaching staff to maximise performance and consistently deliver 100% guest satisfaction
- Work closely with Sam’s Clubhouse Chefs to ensure quality of food is maintained.
Experience required and your Training and Development:
- Experience in a Pub or high street restaurant is essential for this role.
- Good communication skills and a passion for delivering exceptional levels of guest service are essential.
- Passionate about the industry and poses an ability to work on own initiative
- Internal progression into any of our six bars and restaurants
- Internal Management / Customer service courses
- External courses paid for by The Belfry to improve your skill set
Rewards, Benefits & Hours of Operation:
- This role is a 45 Hour contract
- Competitive Salary.
- Opportunity to join our apprenticeship programme
- Functional skills classes in English & Maths
- Generous resort discounts across F&B, Leisure, Spa, Retail and Golf including hundreds of online discounts with our hapibenefits portal
- Discounted overnight stays at £35 Bed & Breakfast including use of Leisure
- Online Discount portal offering hundreds of discounts across high street restaurants and retailers
- Plus many more
Please be aware that due to the volume of applicants if you have not heard from our recruitment team within 10 working days your application has not been successful on this occasion
Apply for Assistant Manager - Sutton Coldfield
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly