Relief Duty Manager | Sheppey Leisure Complex
Relief Duty Manager | Sheppey Lesiure Complex
Location: Off the Broadway, Sheerness, Kent, ME12 1HH
Working Hours: 39 Per Week
Salary: £16,224.00 Per Annum
Sheppey Leisure Complex are recruiting for a Relief Duty Manager to work full time, 39 hours per week, working between 6am - 10:30pm Monday to Sunday on a 3 week rota.
As part of the Swale Leisure Trust, Visitors come from all over the island for a great day out at Sheppey Leisure Complex. Located in the town centre of Sheerness, the whole family can enjoy two swimming pools as well as giant pool inflatables, Water Walkez and soft play in the Adventure World. We also offer a state of the art fitness suite suitable for all abilities and styles of fitness training and a workout studio offering over 20 classes a week.
Please see for yourself: https://www.swaleleisure.com/SHEPPEY
Overview of the role
As the Relief Duty Manager your role is to work within the centre ensuring customer safety and high standards of service and customer care at all times. The role will involve supervision of specific activities, maintaining high standards of cleanliness and the safe handling and set up of equipment.
In addition, the Relief Duty Manager will supervise the work of the Leisure Assistants and assist the Duty Manager in ensuring the building is run smoothly.
- Maintain high levels of customer service at all times
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services and activities available at the centre
- Follow the processes laid down in the SLIMS (Serco Leisure Integrated Management System), in particular, the Pool Normal Operating, Pool Emergency and Centre Emergencies Procedures
- Provide support to the Duty Manager, particularly relating to the monitoring and inspection of the facility
- Following suitable in-house training, provide temporary cover for the Duty Manager when required
- Attend training sessions in order to demonstrate competency and maintain a valid qualification
- Consistently and actively apply good housekeeping principles, such as turning off lights and equipment when not in use, in order to contribute to our strategy to reduce utility consumption and carbon footprint.
- Undertake any other duties as required within the Centre as directed by your line manager
- First Aid at Work qualification including AED (Essential)
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ) (Essential)
- Pool Plant Operators Qualification (PPO) (Desirable)
The Relief Duty Manager will able to demonstrate a level of experience and knowledge commensurate with the position, e.g. previous experience of working in a leisure environment including pool supervision where appropriate.
What’s great about this role?
- Free Gym Membership
- Training and development opportunities plus more
In line with Our Leisure policy, all employees will have a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosure at an appropriate level.
On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. Serco is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Serco Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.