Part Time – 14 Hours per week
The Quarry Leisure Centre, Shrewsbury, Shropshire
£8.73-£8.86 per hour + Excellent Benefits
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Fitness Instructor to work 14 hrs per week, Monday- Sun on a two week rota basis. The shifts can include earlies, afternoons, evenings and lates.
The key element of the Fitness Instructors role is to provide fitness instruction as a service to customers and to provide advice to customers on all aspects of fitness training and the programmes available.
Essential / Desirable Skills for the role:
- Conduct customer inductions and fitness assessments.
- Provide clean, safe, warm, friendly and fun facilities.
- Maintain a full product knowledge of the services available at the Centre and advice customers accordingly.
- Contribute to planning and marketing strategies.
- Provide instructions to customers on the correct use of fitness training equipment.
- Encourage new users into the facility by outreach and internal/external promotion. You will ensure a high level of customer service, assisting them to reach their goals
- Conduct sales tours and process memberships.
- Reporting sales activity and reporting sales numbers against target.
- Hold a Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification is essential.
- Hold a Level 3 Gym Instructor qualification is desirable.
- First Aid at Work is desirable.
- Previous experience of working in a similar role/environment is essential.
- Proven experience of working in a sales role is desirable.
- Have an outgoing and friendly manner.
- Have strong customer service/communication skills.
- Health and safety training/awareness.
- Marketing and sales promotional skills.
- Ability to work alone and be a team player.
Please note - The Level 2 Gym Instructor Qualification is essential for this role. Please make sure this is clearly stated on your CV/application.
If you have the essential skills, experience and qualifications to fulfil this role, please apply now and upload a copy of your CV.On occasion we receive significantly more applicants than expected for some vacancies and under such circumstances we reserve the right to bring forward the closing date of the advertisement. We therefore strongly advise you to apply for the role promptly to avoid disappointment should the closing date be brought forward. The Trust is committed to equal opportunities and requests any potential applicant to contact the Recruitment Team on 0345 010 4000 as soon as possible if an applicant has any additional queries, requirements or will need additional time in submitting an application should the closing date of the advertisement be brought forward.