Maintenance Assistant - Sutton Coldfield
Maintenance Assistant - The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield
Responsible to: Chief Engineer
Works closely with: All Departments
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Assistant for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded ‘England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past three years and ‘Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
This is a diverse and varied role, and the successful applicant must be multi-skilled and have experience working autonomously in a fast paced environment liaising with a variety of departments.
Scope of the Role:
Ensuring a high standard of maintenance and effective operation of facilities within the hotel. To ensure excellent service in regards to external and internal customers. To be proactive with repairs that need to be completed so not to cause issue to internal or external guests.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To attend to maintenance issues within hotel as required
- To re-grout bathrooms as required ensuring standards of The Belfry are met
- To ensure baths and bathroom fixtures are re-sealed to standard as required
- Complete French Polishing within guest rooms
- Ensure bathroom tiles are replaced as required
- To complete ‘Deep Steam Cleaning’ of bathrooms, tiles, floors and public areas as required
- To complete ‘deep cleaning’ of bathroom ventilation fans
- To ensure the ‘deep clean’ of Shower heads is completed (to L8 Water Regulations).
- To ensure all jobs given to you have been completed and your sheet has been signed prior to leaving the premises.
- To be aware of all food hygiene and other regulations ensuring adherence of these regulations by both yourself and colleagues.
- To safeguard the company’s property at all times.
- To carry out any reasonable requests by the Property Manager or Property Office.
- To carry out other duties that may be necessary from time to time.
The job holder will also:
In the role of Maintenance Assistant will require the successful applicant to work a rolling rota that will include weekend and evening shifts. We will look at developing skills within the department to ensure that the ongoing maintenance plan is carried out in full.
Qualifications for this role
- ·Previous experience in a similar position preferred.
- ·A positive approach, excellent organisational skills, and a passion for producing high quality customer care and property safety.
- ·Available to work shift work and weekends due to the demands of the business.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Salary
- Free Meals On Duty
- Free Uniform
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive we must inform you that if you have not heard from The Belfry Hotel & Resort within 10 working days your application has not been successful