Spa & Leisure Manager
Macdonald Spa & Leisure Club Managers play a vital role in delivering a great guest experience to all our guests. They have a keen eye for detail, an organised approach and a willingness to exceed our guest expectation. Often operating on the front line, they are the real ambassadors of our company, and are committed to consistently delivering high standards
Our Spa & Leisure Club Managers are professional individuals who can work on their own initiative and are key players in our Leisure Club Team.
They are industry experts with an infectious passion for creating and delivering an exceptional member experience. Our Spa & Leisure Club Managers lead, manage and inspire their leisure team and have a genuine interest in creating the best possible experience for their members. Using their outstanding experience and leadership skills they will be working closely with the front of house and management team to deliver our core standards and provide our guests with a great stay every time.
This is a senior position in our hotel, as a result additional hours may be required to support the hotel during our busier periods including bank holidays. Main Purpose of Job
The Leisure Club & Spa Manager is fully accountable for the people, product and profit within the Leisure Club & Spa. The main purpose of this role is to deliver excellence in customer service, maximise profits through sales whilst exploiting opportunities for growth within the business.
To provide inspirational leadership, motivating and developing staff to contribute towards the overall success of the Club & Spa.
Generic Key Accountabilities
- To take pride in everything I do and drive the same standards with my people
- To ensure that the team consistently deliver outstanding hospitality
- To anticipate and react to the needs of our guests and give my team the autonomy to do the same
- To be an ambassador for the Macdonald Brand
- To take ownership for my personal development and performance
- To recruit, lead and develop the overall effectiveness and performance of my team
- To consistently deliver MacDonald core standards which are relevant to my department
- To maintain a safe and clean environment
- To take responsibility for understanding our company products and services
- To proactively look for ways to improve or enhance the guest experience
- To use feedback to improve my own personal performance, the performance of my team and my department, whilst activity encouraging feedback from others
- To give my full to support to company initiatives
- To complete and deliver training (including statutory) in line with company policy and procedures
- To follow all processes assigned to my role ensuring full compliance
- To identify any barriers or challenges which may prevent me or my team from delivering on agreed processes
- To take responsibility for keeping up to date with any changes in my department and take responsibility for communicating them to my team
- Complete risk assessments to ensure department compliancy
- To have an understanding and be able to control operational costs related to the performance of my department
- To look for ways to protect the profit of the organisation without compromising the guest experience
- To lead department objectives and ensure all sales opportunities are exploited (OWS)
- To promote the products and services to our guests at every opportunity
- Ensure my team can spot and act on every opportunity for sales
- To act upon any reasonable instructions from management as pertains to my job responsibilities.
Job Specific Accountabilities
- Achieve pre agreed club and spa revenue and profit budget.
- To assist in the review of the annual budget and identify short and long term objectives to achieve targets.
- Establish and attain key business objectives relating to all areas of the clubs performance.
- Review financial performance on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, take remedial action as appropriate. Provide accurate weekly and monthly figures and submit by deadlines.
- Monitor usage of the club, gym, pool, classes to maximise rota and staffing. Write the leisure rota and oversee the spa rota so that the payroll is kept between budgeted targets.
- To complete all elements of membership sales process and membership administration from processing membership applications to completing the monthly direct debit run and following the company renewal process.
- Contribute towards achieving monthly new membership sales targets through lead generation, call completion and sales show rounds.
- To support the senior therapist/spa manager in managing the spa diary, driving yield and occupancy, managing third parties, up selling, retailing and stock control to ensure that spa financial and KPI targets are met.
- To complete a leisure & spa sales plan on a monthly basis in line with company procedure.
- Lead by example in the way that you behave and act and strive to inspire your team to become the best they can be.
- Run the club on a day to day basis and support the General Manager with any requests that they may have.
- Provide communication between the other departments within the hotel and support via the management meetings, the reading of relevant memos, emails and reports.
- Demonstrate an understanding and an awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarise yourself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of your line manager.
- Ensure all club and spa maintenance defects are reported to the hotel and oversee completion.
- Assist in the monitoring and the control of the pool and spa in relation to those standards as given in the Health & Safety Manual.
- Assume responsibility for the highest standards of hygiene, cleanliness and tidiness in the club.
- Ensure that the club follows the company retention process including the completion of a PARQ on joining, gym induction and the retention journey.
- Recruit staff who reflect Health Club Standards in line with company procedures
- Induct staff thoroughly, ensuring a comprehensive understanding of the Company.
- Train staff, utilising company courses, so they perform to company expectations. Develop staff, so they can progress within the company, and fulfil career aspirations
- Review performance regularly; job chats at least monthly initially, and then a minimum of six monthly appraisals.
- Experience using Premier Spa software would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
- Experience using TNA Wizard would be beneficial but not essential as full training will be given
- To achieve budgeted leisure and spa sales and profit.
- To control leisure costs expenses and payroll in line with budgeted targets.
- To achieve targeted new member sales, renewal %, and attrition rate.
- To achieve targeted spa yield, occupancy and retail conversion rates.