Public Area Cleaner - Sutton Coldfield
Public Area Cleaner - The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield
Department: House Keeping
Responsible to: Housekeeping Management, Room Divisions Manager
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Public Area Cleaner for the Belfry Hotel and Golf Resort, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands.
The Resort has been awarded ‘England’s Leading Resort & England’s Best Golf Hotel’ the past two years and ‘Europe’s Best Golf Resort’ 2016. The Belfry is proud of its rich sporting history and heritage, hosting the Ryder Cup four times in 1985, 1989, 1993 & 2002.
As part of the Public Area team you will be responsible of providing that WOW experience for the guest as they walk through the public areas within the resort. With a keen eye for detail you will be able to work under your own steam and deliver an outstanding experience to our guests.
Scope of the Role:
Experience in a cleaning role is preferred, the ideal candidate will be hard working, a team player, positive, enthusiastic and organised. The individual will have a flexible approach to work and shift patterns, be standards driven and be able to deliver, and have an exemplary attention to detail.
In this role you must be able to deal with guest enquiries in a friendly manner as you will be the face of the housekeeping team around the resort.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To report promptly for duty, collect your worksheet and key and undertake duties requested by your team leader
- Ensure all keys taken are signed in and out on a daily basis to ensure security of all keys.
- To report and safeguard all lost property ensuring it is all handed in and logged daily.
- To collect cleaning materials and use as instructed
- Clean allocated public areas to the standard trained
- Ensure the vacuum cleaners are emptied and cleaned regularly and any problems reported to your team leader or maintenance
- Ensure your trolley and service area is stocked and tidy
- To ensure all tasks allocated to you are completed and your list is signed at the end of the day by your team leader
- To report any maintenance to your team leader
- To report any smoking / sick areas to your team leader
- To be pleasant and willing to help the customer and other members of staff at all times
- To work flexible hours and days in accordance with the hotel business and staff shortages.
- Experience in a large Hotel or Resort as a housekeeper preferred but not essential as full training will be given for you to success in your position.
What’s in it for me?
- Competitive Salary & Commission Package
- Meals On Duty
- Free Car parking
- 28 Days Holiday increasing to 33 after 5 year service
- Team, Friends and Family discount on rooms B&B + leisure
- Discounted stays at Our sister Hotels
- Up to 40% Discount on Food and Beverage outlets
- Up to 40% Discount at The Spa on Beauty treatments
- Discounted Gym Membership for you and your partner
- Plus Many Many More
If you feel that you fulfil the above criteria and are ready for your next career step within a progressive Hotel Company that provides lots of future career opportunities, training and progression we look forward to receiving your application in strictest confidence.
Please be aware that due to the high number of applications that we receive we must inform you that if you have not heard from The Belfry Hotel & Resort within 10 working days your application has not been successful