Health & Beauty Manager - Solihull
Are you interested in Beauty and Luxury? Are you able to give a Red hot service to our Members? Do you want Uncapped Commissions on Treatments and Retail Product Sales?
Our health club spas offer a fantastic range of spa treatments for both members and non-members including high end industry brand Espa, for face and body treatments, Lycon waxing, Jessica nails and St Tropez tanning services; all delivered by a friendly and welcoming team.
- Ensure the H&B Team deliver exceptional health and beauty treatments to the highest standard, working alongside them to provide treatments when required.
- Drive staff to promote sales of products and services, ensuring targets are met and knowledgeable aftercare advice is given.
- Day to day management and promotion of the H&B function, including line management of the team.
- Ensure the hygiene and brand standards are consistently met and communicated.
- Understand and be mindful of data protection; ensuring client information is handled correctly.
- Communicate across the wider Club and H&B teams, holding regular department meetings and briefings.
- Accountable for successfully delivering financial & departmental KPIs, department Health Checks and audits.
- Represent the department and be an ambassador for the Virgin Active brand; use local knowledge to organise promotional events and activities in and out of club.
This role is part time, working 24 hours per week. Flexibility is required to meet the needs of the business; specific shift patterns include weekdays (9am-7pm) and weekends (9am-5pm/10am-4pm).
What we can’t live without:
You are a versatile beauty therapist with strong interpersonal skills and previous retail experience, passionate about delivering memorable and outstanding pampering service.
- NVQ Level 2 or 3 in Beauty Therapist or equivalent qualification
- Previous beauty therapy or salon management experience is desirable, but not essential, while ESPA, Murad, Jessica and St Tropez experience is an advantage.
- Industry knowledge is preferable, although product training is provided.
- Excellent administration, computer and communication skills and experience of dealing with complaints politely and efficiently.
- Advanced people management skills, organisational flair and strong numeracy & literacy skills.
- Proficiency in using a computer with the confidence to learn new systems & databases quickly.
Why not master your trade in a diverse and fun environment, we’ll support you in this great new challenge with coaching and development every step of the way. Also, to reward your hard work you’ll get:
- Flexible working hours; have a life outside the salon!
- Competitive industry pay
- uncapped monthly commission based on spa Revenue performance
- Dedicated line manager, there to support and promote your development
- Complimentary gym membership for you and a buddy
- Discount on loads of Virgin products and services
- 30 days holiday (pro rata) including bank holidays
- Bonus birthday day off - an extra day off to celebrate your birthday however you see fit!