Buyer - PPHE Hotel Group
Love providing great service and being part of uplifting moments? Take the next step in your Purchasing career with us as a Buyer within our Purchasing team. Park Plaza is the ideal location for you to develop your skills as a Buyer and shine in a collaborative team environment.
Description of the Company:
At Park Plaza we love to celebrate the individual. We believe every one of our team members has a contribution to make and personal touch to share with our guests and colleagues. We’re always striving for excellence and know that if we invest in our team members, they’ll invest in us. For an engaging work environment where the little things are celebrated along with the major milestones, you’ve come to the right place.
Main role and objectives:
Based at the Corporate Office of PPHE Hotel Group we’re looking to recruit a Buyer to take responsibility for the support to the Director of Procurement for International supplier deals across multiple regions, and to be the point of contact for our European Offices and help implement group procurement deals under the supervision of the Director of Procurement, according to corporate policies and procedures, and according to local requirements and regulations.
The primary responsibility is to work with all stakeholders within PPHE and with the supply chains (internal and external). The Buyer will also support the management and implementation of the UK element of any pan European deals and communicate this with the other regions to ensure consistency. This role will be part of the team to help manage the total cost and quality of product and service delivery processes throughout.
The role will be split into four key areas:
- 10% of time will be around supporting the UK regional procurement requirements and supporting regional queries.
- 50% of time will be control and management of regional suppliers:
- Collating the information regarding procurement contracts. Collecting copies of contracts, price updates and entering this information onto a centralized database and E procurement system. Running reports of the term dates and ensuring the Purchasing Managers or stakeholders in the business responsible for that category is aware of the renewal in a timely fashion and can expedite either the contract or price renewal, defer or termination as appropriate.
- Review and management of performance against agreed SLA’s for key suppliers and cross referencing this where appropriate with the other regions
What we are looking for:
- Experience in a procurement department - from a group / multi site role. Hospitality experience or qualifications is desirable
- Knowledge and some experience in procurement practices
- Understanding of a hotel business structure thus aware of where cost savings opportunities may exist
- Understanding of the procure to pay process
- An understanding of how non food, FFE, and heavy equipment purchasing is done and to add value to the control of this expense area
- Demonstrable use of Supplier management techniques
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written
- Strong commercial knowledge and budget management ability
- Computer literacy vital in all Microsoft applications, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Willing to work independently and with a strong ‘hands on’ approach.
Park Plaza isn’t just a great place to work - it’s a great place to take your career to the next level! We love seeing our team members fulfil their potential and always work together to achieve more with our learning & development offering, enhanced training and competitive salary and benefits.
You will be invited to an “Inspiring Stay” in your hotel, so that you can live the experience and you will also benefit from our Employee and Friends & Family rates available in all Park Plaza and Radisson hotels worldwide!
From the everyday uplifting moments to huge achievements and everything in between, we’re there every step of the way. Park Plaza. Be part of it.