Chef de Partie - London
Sommelier - J Sheekey London
We have a fantastic opportunity for a talented Sommelier to join the team of our fantastic restaurant; J Sheekey, part of Caprice Holdings.
J Sheekey is our iconic seafood restaurant in the heart of theatre land in the West End providing the finest fish, oysters and shellfish to our customers. The restaurant is vibrant and lively attracting west end shoppers, theatre goers as well as the cast of the nearby theatres meaning that service is always fast paced.
As Sommelier you will be expected to work closely with the Bar and Front of House team. You will be expected to develop the wine menu with support from the Management Team and central Wine Cellars team. As Sommelier you will recommend and sell wines to our customers that will complement their tastes and menu choices. As Sommelier you will be expected to provide engaging, friendly and charismatic service to all our customers. You will also have a keen interest in passing on wine knowledge to the front of house team. Always striving to improve service.
The ideal Sommelier will have:
- Previous experience as a Sommelier within a high quality, destination restaurant.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with customers and provide charismatic and engaging service
- Possess as a minimum WSET Level 2 or equivalent Sommelier qualification
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive starting remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- A full induction programme
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Life assurance cover
- Pension scheme
- Staff discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to be part of the team, working in a fast paced and vibrant restaurant environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you!