Commis Chef - London
Commis Chef - Balthazar - Covent Garden, London
We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Commis Chef to join the team of our fantastic restaurant; Balthazar, part of Caprice Holdings.
Balthazar offers all-day brasserie dining and is open for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner, as well as an amazing weekend brunch. The French inspired menu includes fruits de mer from the raw bar as well as a wide selection of classical French brasserie and bistro dishes. There is plenty to tempt pre and post theatre diners too. The Balthazar Boulangerie is housed next door serving homemade artisan breads, pastries, salads and sandwiches available to eat in, take away or have delivered throughout the day.
As a Commis Chef we expect you to ensure the smooth running of your section by keeping it clean and tidy and to efficiently carry out the orders and specifications set by the Chef de Partie. You will support in producing high quality dishes in your section and ensuring the high standards and expectations of the restaurant are always met.
We are ideally looking for a Commis Chef who:
- Has previous experience as an Apprentice or Commis Chef in a high quality and busy destination restaurant
- Is passionate about food and working with seasonal high quality ingredients
- Is an excellent and motivated team player with a positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Has a desire to develop knowledge and progress in the kitchen
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive remuneration package
- Provision of chef whites and shoes
- 6 shifts per week
- Overtime paid for additional shifts worked
- Induction training
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Staff discount
- Life assurance
- Pension scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to work in a fast paced and vibrant restaurant environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you!