Assistant Head Sommelier - London
Assistant Head Sommelier - Annabel’s - Mayfair, London
We have a fantastic opportunity for talented Assistant Head Sommelier to join the team of our fantastic private member’s Club, Annabel’s, part of the Birley Clubs.
Annabel’s at 46 Berkeley Square covers 26,000 square feet and includes restaurants, bars, private dining rooms and a cigar salon, spread across four spacious floors.
As Assistant Head Sommelier you will be expected to work closely with the Head Sommelier and Sommelier Team with all aspects of the wine service in the restaurants, bars, nightclub and private dining rooms. You will be expected to contribute to the development of wine lists with the senior sommelier team at the Club and for the Group. As Assistant Head Sommelier you will recommend and sell wines to our customers that will complement their tastes and menu choices. As Assistant Head Sommelier you will be expected to provide engaging, friendly and charismatic service to all our customers. You will also have a keen interest in passing on wine knowledge to the more junior sommeliers and front of house team. Always striving to improve service.
The ideal Assistant Head Sommelier will have:
- Previous experience as an Assistant Head Sommelier within a high quality, destination restaurant or private members club.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with members and their guests and provide charismatic and engaging service
- Possess as a minimum ideally WSET Level 3 or equivalent Sommelier qualification
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely
- A keen interest in food and developing knowledge as required
- A keen desire to develop their knowledge on the menu, wine and cocktail lists
- Are excellent team players with a positive, flexible and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess a good command of the English language
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- A full induction programme
- Extensive career development and ongoing training opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Life assurance cover
- Staff discount
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to be part of the team, working in a fast paced and vibrant private member club environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you!