Runner - London
Runner - Mark's Club - Mayfair, London
We are looking for an enthusiastic Runner to join the team at Mark's Club, part of Caprice Holdings.
The Birley Clubs encompass some of London’s finest private members clubs; Annabel’s, Mark’s Club, Harry’s Bar, George and Bath & Racquets all based in Mayfair. Mark’s Club is an exclusive country-house style club with a stunning terrace and dining room serving Anglo-French classics. The members also have access to two private rooms, games area and bar.
We expect our Runners to be energetic and be confident working within a busy, fast paced restaurant environment, with the ability to keep calm at all times. As a Runner you will have to take instruction from the senior Chefs and front of house team. A willingness to learn and develop your skills and food knowledge is essential as is being an effective team player. As a key part of the role is running food trays from the kitchen to the restaurant the ideal candidates must have a good level of fitness.
The role of a Runner includes:
- Delivery of food to the restaurant in a timely manner
- Effective communication with kitchen and front of house teams to ensure a smooth service
- Continually developing your knowledge of the menu with the ability to identify dishes
- Ensure that mise en place is stocked prior to service and replenished throughout
- Ensuring the passes are kept clean
- Polishing of cutlery, crockery, silver and glasses
In return we offer the successful candidates:
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- A full induction programme
- Meals on duty
- Life Assurance
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who wishes to develop their career in a fast paced, high profile restaurant.