Chef de Rang - London
Chef de Rang - Mark's Club - Mayfair, London
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic Chef de Rang to join the team at Mark's Club, part of Caprice Holdings.
Mark’s Club is a private members’ dining club, based in a serene Mayfair townhouse. The ground floor dining room is open for lunch and dinner, with a private dining room on the second floor seating up to sixteen people.
The ideal Chef de Rang will:
- Ensure full understanding of the menu with the ability to effectively provide our customers with detailed description of dishes
- Good knowledge of the wine list and cocktails with the ability to effectively provide descriptions to our customers of wines by the glass and signature cocktails as a minimum.
- Ensure food orders are correctly taken from customers and all orders entered accurately into the electronic order system
- Ensure that the order of service and procedures are followed at all times during service
- Provide customers with full menu knowledge maximizing opportunities to up-sell in an engaging way
- Provide the highest levels of service to our customers at all times and anticipate customer needs to deliver first class service
- Have good knowledge of our regular customers and learn their food and drink preferences to ensure the service they receive is as they would expect.
- Ensure you are well presented during service at all times, you welcome customers and provide friendly but professional service to customers
- Ensure that your station/s is setup in good time for service and relays are done in a timely manner and meet the standards of the restaurant
- Ensure the waiter station is fully stocked at the start of service and support the Commis Waiter to replenish during service if required
- Support the more junior members of the team and help them develop their knowledge in the restaurant
- Communicate effectively within the FOH team ensure you listen to instructions and ask questions when things are unclear.
- Effectively communicate with the back of house team and ensure instructions are followed in a timely manner
- Ensure compliance with all Company health, safety and food safety policies and procedures.
- Effectively deal with customer requests and be able to handle any problems calmly and efficiently informing the Duty Manager
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive starting remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- Structured induction programme in the restaurant
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to work in a fast paced and vibrant environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you!