Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist - London
Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist - The Ivy London
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist to join the team at our fantastic restaurant; The Ivy, part of Caprice Holdings.
The Ivy restaurant has been a firm fixture on London’s dining and social scene since its foundation in 1917. The Covent Garden restaurant and private room upstairs are the epitome of glamour benefitting from a redesign in 2015, with its shimmering central dining bar and signature harlequin stained-glass windows. The food includes balanced seasonal lunch and dinner menus that place the Ivy classics alongside a contemporary global palette, incorporating more Asian dishes, salads and vegetables, and a “sea and shells” section. The experienced team deliver the unfaltering service for which The Ivy has become celebrated for worldwide, over the years.
As Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist you are responsible for ensuring the highest levels of service are provided to our customers. You will be responsible for greeting and seating our customers ensuring that all dietary requirements or special requests are communicated to the Managers, Head Waiter and Chefs. As Assistant Maître d’ you will be required to liaise with the floor staff and maître d’ team during service to ensure our customers receive the highest levels of service. As Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist you will also be required to take reservations ensuring the restaurant booking procedures are followed.
We are ideally looking for an Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist who has:
- Previous experience in a Assistant Maître d’ / Receptionist role of a busy, high quality restaurant environment
- Previous experience within a premium quality customer facing environment is essential
- Have a genuine passion for creating an excellent customer experience
- Have the ability to multi task and effectively react to changing customer needs
- Be a natural and confident communicator both face to face and on the telephone
- Be organised and motivated and see tasks through to completion.
- Possess a good command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Be an excellent team player with good administration skills
- Support the Maître d’ and restaurant management team to ensure a smooth service
- A keen interest in the theatre, arts, current affairs and politics is desirable.
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive starting remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- Structured induction programme in the restaurant
- Extensive career development and training opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Staff discount
- Life assurance
- Pension Scheme
- Discounted gym membership
- Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
If you are looking to work in a fast paced and vibrant restaurant environment where you will be able to develop your knowledge and skills we would love to hear from you.