Sommelier - London
Sommelier - Annabel’s - Mayfair, London
We are looking for talented and engaging Sommeliers to join the pre-opening team of our stunning new private members club – Annabel’s, 46 Berkeley Square.
Annabel’s at 46 Berkeley Square will cover 26,000 square feet and will include restaurants, bars, private dining rooms and a cigar salon, spread across four spacious floors. The nightclub will be located in the basement of the townhouse and will pay homage to the decadent essence and abundant energy of the original Annabel’s. Outside on the terrace, an enchanting restaurant garden will offer year round dining. The dining options will be extensive and focus on the finest quality ingredients, seasonality and creativity.
As Sommelier you will be expected to assist the Senior Head Sommelier and Head Sommelier with all aspects of the wine service in the restaurants, bars, nightclub and private dining rooms. As Sommelier you will recommend and sell wines to our members and their guests that will complement their tastes and menu choices. Engaging with guests is essential therefore a passion for delivering the highest levels of service is essential.
The ideal Sommeliers will have:
- Previous experience as a Sommelier within a high quality, destination restaurant or private members club.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with members and guests to provide charismatic and engaging service
- Possess as a minimum WSET Level 2 or equivalent Sommelier qualification
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team
- Communicate clearly, professionally and concisely
- A keen interest in food with an understanding of international cuisines would be an advantage
- A keen desire to develop their knowledge on the menu, wine and cocktail lists
- Are excellent team players with a positive, flexible and enthusiastic attitude
- Possess a good command of the English language
We offer our employees:
- A highly competitive remuneration package
- Increased remuneration as you develop and progress in your role
- A comprehensive opening training programme both on and off the job
- Extensive career development and ongoing training opportunities
- Meals on duty
- Life assurance cover
- Staff discount
- Discounted gym membership
Access to our Cycle to Work scheme
Do you want to be part of the most exciting private members club opening?
Are you passionate about hospitality and enjoy interacting with members and their guests?
Do you want to provide the ultimate hospitality experience on a daily basis?
If the answer is YES - we would love to hear from you!