Old Thorns is a four-star hotel resort in Hampshire. The hotel is easily accessible from the A3, and only 30 minutes from the M25 and Portsmouth. Old Thorns offers luxury accommodation, conference & function facilities, health club, beauty spa, restaurants & bars and a championship golf course.
We are recruiting for a Commis Chef to join our busy Kitchen Team.
- Ensuring high standards of food preparation and presentation
- Ensuring that all food stuffs are stored correctly and stocks are rotated in line with the food hygiene regulations
- Ensuring food wastage is kept to a minimum
- Ensuring that any faults or damage to equipment is reported as soon as possible
- Ensuring temperature and delivery checks are carried out and recorded
- Ensuring compliance with statutory and legal requirements for fire, health & safety, hygiene and food safety
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- Have previous experience as a Commis Chef within a busy, high volume environment
- Hold a NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation or equivalent along with Food Safety In Catering Certification
- Passionate about delivering quality food and excellent customer service
- Work well within a team
- Efficient, organised and have a flexible and adaptable attitude
- A sound understanding of food hygiene
This is a full time position, 5 days per week Monday to Sunday.
Live in accommodation may be available.
As well as a competitive salary, the company offers training & development, company uniform, free on-site parking, contributory pension scheme and discounted gym membership.
Due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates. If your application is of interest to us we will normally contact you within 2 weeks of receiving your application.