Kitchen Porter, Guildford
Barnett Hill Hotel is the newest member of the Alexander Hotels family joining the Group in September 2016.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans currently underway are transforming this venue into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with work just completed on the Mews building increasing the number of bedrooms to 54 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Please see our website for details of the hotel and the facilities.
A cheerful, energetic person with a good eye for detail is needed to assist in keeping the kitchen, tidy, clean, safe and make sure it is ready for service.
Without a clean, well presented environment with clean, hot plates a kitchen fails. During your shift you will be key to us achieving excellent standards for our guests by supporting our chefs with the following duties;
- Completing general kitchen cleaning duties
- Operating the dishwasher to ensure all cutlery, crockery is cleaned in a timely fashion, stacked and ready for service
- Refilling the hot plate ready for service each dining session to ensure guests get hot food!
- Deep cleaning tasks as outlined on the kitchens cleaning schedule
- Delivery through all these tasks of exceptional kitchen hygiene standards
- Assisting in providing a safe, secure and appealing environment by adhering to the company Health &Safety Policies ensuring all kitchen areas are compliant.
- Assisting Chefs with some basic food preparation.
- Working early (7am – 3pm) or late shifts (2pm – 10pm).
- No formal qualifications required but a good standard of English
- Good eye for detail
- Energy and enthusiasm to work in a fast paced volume environment
- Previous employment in a food service business helpful
- £8.37 per hour
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday