Breakfast Chef, Guildford (30hrs)
Barnett Hill Hotel is the newest member of the Alexander Hotels family joining the Group in September 2016.
Barnett Hill is a beautiful Queen Anne style property, built in 1905, set within 26 acres of lovingly maintained gardens and woodlands, sitting in the heart of the Surrey Hill area of outstanding natural beauty just outside Guildford, Surrey. This idyllic location is 15 minutes from Guildford town and 45 mins from Central London.
Exciting refurbishment and redevelopment plans currently underway are transforming this venue into a beautiful Country House Hotel. The Hotel including all bedrooms have been completely refurbished and updated with work currently underway on the Mews building to increase the number of bedrooms to 54 in total. Our first AA inspection has resulted in 4 Stars for the Hotel and 2 Rosettes for dining being awarded, so we are well on the way!
Please see our website for details of the hotel and the facilities.
You will be responsible for preparing and presenting, a range of cold menu items for our Breakfast Buffet, as well as cooking to order hot food items, for guests and non residents taking breakfast in our restaurant or private dining rooms.
- Reporting to our Head Chef
- 5 days 30 hrs per week including some weekend shifts. Weekday shifts are 6.30am-12.30pm, and weekend shifts are 7.30am – 1.30pm
- Preparing cold food items for our comprehensive breakfast buffet as well as preparing and cooking hot food items to order
- Complete advance preparation, where practical for the next breakfast service
- Please see our website for sample menus to give you an idea of the menu items you will be preparing
- Cleaning down your section at the end of your shift
- Handover any requirements to the Chef in preparation for your next shift
- Experience of preparing a range of breakfast dishes within a hotel or restaurant environment
- You must be a methodical and organised worker to ensure breakfast service runs smoothly
- Be a reliable ‘early bird’ with a smile!
£8.25 per hour, 30 hrs per week. Part time contract, hours guaranteed
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
In addition you will benefit from a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday