Sous Chef - Keswick
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Sous Chef to be help lead our dynamic kitchen team.
As Sous Chef you are a vital part of our skilled brigade and will support the Head Chef. Spending your days serving delicious food in a well-equipped kitchen, developing your skills under the guidance of our talented Head Chef.
Your day to day;
- Assisting Head Chef with effective kitchen management
- Producing a high standard of food from scratch for all of our menus
- Managing a section in our kitchen cooking from fresh ingredients
- Eliminating wasteful or unprofitable practices
- Ensuring food safety standards are adhered to
- Controlling the order and storage of food supplies
- Being aware of and supporting the delivery of financial targets
Who are we looking for?
You should have experience of working with fresh ingredients and cooking from scratch. We have recipes you must follow but a flair for cooking is essential.
If you are a team player who is committed to achieving the very best, this could be the role for you.
Having innovative ideas and the ability to train & implement them are vital to this role. Proven previous experience is essential.
It's a great opportunity for someone with a natural drive for excellence who is seeking advancement in their career.
You will have an eye for detail and be able to multi task. The menu in our busy business varies greatly, but it doesn't matter if a guest orders a full breakfast or a three-course meal, we want to ensure they have a high-quality experience and want to return.
In return, we are offering a rewarding role with scope for career progression along with;
- A competitive salary, negotiable dependent on experience
- 28 days annual leave (rising to 33 days after 5 years)
- Health cash plan
- Generous employee discounts
- Life assurance
- Bespoke training programmes accessible to all
- An engaging & supportive work environment
The Royal Oak is situated in the heart of Keswick and its historic roots and closeness to Cumbrian fells make it a popular destination among walkers, holiday makers and literary fans. With a busy restaurant, bars and guest rooms, customer service is central to everything and our team is the key to its success. It is part of The House of Daniel Thwaites, a unique collective of Inns, Hotels & Spas offering warm hospitality and high-quality service in a welcoming environment.
Thwaites was established in 1807 and to this day remains a family run Business. We have Hotels, Inns, Pubs and a Brewery and are focused on providing superb hospitality in outstanding properties in great locations –
What are you Thwaiting for?